Attacking forties

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

danimaning2

Attacking forties

Post by danimaning2 »

Hi all.

Sorry my english[:'(]

I´m playing in Road to Leningrado scenario, and in the 9 turn i´m in the gates of the city, but all the ruskies haver lvl 4 fortifications, and a lot of units, and i can´t win his, only 1 hex (maybe at turn). I attack with aviation, but i only can in a hex for turn.
The have an Attack Value of 500 or ¡¡1.000!!, and i never can´t finish well this scenario.

What can i do?

Thnks
Great_Ajax

RE: Attacking forties

Post by Great_Ajax »

A deliberate attack with two full stacks (6 units) or even three will often stand a good chance of dislodging any Soviet hex in 1941. Make sure you attach several pioneer battalions as they will reduce the fortifcation levels making subsequent attacks easier.

Trey
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
danimaning2

RE: Attacking forties

Post by danimaning2 »

ORIGINAL: el hefe

A deliberate attack with two full stacks (6 units) or even three will often stand a good chance of dislodging any Soviet hex in 1941. Make sure you attach several pioneer battalions as they will reduce the fortifcation levels making subsequent attacks easier.

Trey

Uhmmm pioneer, in hqs or attachs in units?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”