Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disabled automatic Font reduction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Disabled automatic Font reduction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disabled automatic Font reduction - 12/14/2010 6:32:50 PM   
DavidR

I am running WITE at 1920 x 1080 resolution and have just loaded the Public Beta no 2 but have not set any custom fonts yet.

My game now has many instances of overlapping words and columns of figures running ino each other.

I assume that this is the result of the disabling of automatic font reduction at high dpi as per the Beta readme file.

Can you advise the best method of reverting to the font size which was in use before the application of the Beta 2 update as the game is now unplayable with the unreadable text.

Have I to load the custom fonts and then manually try evey combination to find the font size which is correct for my monitor resolution?

DavidR
Post #: 1
RE: Disabled automatic Font reduction - 12/14/2010 6:40:08 PM   
Helpless

If you want to stay with high dpi fonts then you have to deal with custom fonts to make the text fir the interface. As said, we test and support only normal(96dpi) and default fonts, but I hope you should be able to find good configuration which would fit your needs. You may start by taking default fonts and start reducing size of overlapping fonts.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to DavidR)
Post #: 2
RE: Disabled automatic Font reduction - 12/14/2010 6:47:38 PM   
DavidR

Helpless,

I have changed nothing on my system between applying the Beta 1 update and now the Beta 2 update.

With the Beta 1 the text and columns were correctly aligned and legible , now suddenly with updating to Beta 2 the texts have become unreadable. I should not have now to start experimenting to revert the font sizes to produce a workable game as received from the download.

DavidR

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Disabled automatic Font reduction - 12/14/2010 6:54:59 PM   
Helpless

Do you have WiteFontConfig.txt in Dat folder?

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to DavidR)
Post #: 4
RE: Disabled automatic Font reduction - 12/14/2010 7:16:00 PM   
DavidR

Helpless,

Apologies ,

Checked my Windows font size and it was set at max to enable me to read the text on my screen.

I have reverted to 96dpi and now the words and figures in the game are ok.

Will try this for a while although at 96dpi my elderly eyes can hardly read the standard Windows text

Many thanks for your input

Davidr

< Message edited by DavidR -- 12/14/2010 7:31:56 PM >

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Disabled automatic Font reduction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI