Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Teleporting LCUs. Like What?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Teleporting LCUs. Like What? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Teleporting LCUs. Like What? - 12/10/2010 1:57:42 AM   
bradk

Haven't played in over four years. Started a game, Allies against AI, for refamiliarization prior to playing some e mail games.

Computer has just created the 8th Army HQ. Created it at Sorong. Teleported the 40th Division USA and Americal Div USA from Ulitihi to Sorong. So now Ulithi is bare. Like, what if ther had been a fight going on there?

31st Division USA was changed from 6th Army to 8th Army but left at Davao. No combat there but IJ LCUs at Cagayan. All seems dangerous to me.

I know computer chages LCU's HQs when new HQs are created as an indication to player whre he's supposed to use them, but teleporting seems a bit much. Beam Me Up Scotty?
Post #: 1
RE: Teleporting LCUs. Like What? - 12/10/2010 4:46:45 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

I know computer chages LCU's HQs when new HQs are created as an indication to player whre he's supposed to use them, but teleporting seems a bit much.

I think part of the problem is that new HQ's appear under Computer Control instead of Human Control, and the computer might then use the Reinforce function -- which can cause teleportation.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to bradk)
Post #: 2
RE: Teleporting LCUs. Like What? - 12/10/2010 8:13:05 AM   
bradk

Yes, you might be right on reinforce HQ. AFter I posted I found the computer created two TFs loaded with supplies, destination the HQ base.

The other thing is that new HQs usually are placed at the same base as their higher HQ. That didn't happen here.

I don't recall ever having played this far as Allies on the Matrix version. But I've played a couple of dozen with the SSI version and never saw this happen before.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Teleporting LCUs. Like What? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI