Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

downloading the game out of download period

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> downloading the game out of download period Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
downloading the game out of download period - 12/9/2010 1:16:21 AM   
aprezto

Hi;

I 'think' I read that you can still download games you've purchased outside the download period (now, or maybe you were always able to).

Was that my imagination or is this the real deal? If not can someone indulge me with the procedure. Tried searching but asking search about downloading with refinements isn't getting me very far.

I know I have a hard copy of UV around somewhere at home but I am fearful of that dark place in the corner where the monsters hide. I almost certain that's where it's hiding, BUT I'M SCARED DADDY!

Image courtesy of Divepac
Post #: 1
RE: downloading the game out of download period - 12/9/2010 3:55:21 AM   
Nomad

Wobbs, I'm not sure that UV was a down loadable game. I do not have a serial number registered for it, I have a hard copy and I think that is the only way it came.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 2
RE: downloading the game out of download period - 12/9/2010 4:19:08 AM   
aprezto

Damn, really? I was certain that was how I got it. Mind that was in 2000 and there's been waaaaaaaaaay too many beers through the braincells since then.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: downloading the game out of download period - 12/9/2010 4:11:55 PM   
barkorn45

my copy was d/led!

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 4
RE: downloading the game out of download period - 12/9/2010 4:45:33 PM   
Pascal

You should check with Tech Support either in this or the UV forum.

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to barkorn45)
Post #: 5
RE: downloading the game out of download period - 12/9/2010 6:22:13 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: barkorn45

my copy was d/led!

But Wobbs bought the game about 9 years ago, and I don't think there was a download option at the time. But, he should probably check with the new game store and see if they can make it down loadable for him.

(in reply to barkorn45)
Post #: 6
RE: downloading the game out of download period - 12/9/2010 6:48:43 PM   
aprezto

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. It's not that much of a worry, I of course still have AE.  It is just that it was the game that started the addiction

Nomad is correct, being spurned into searching harder I've even found the CD case (minus disk...) that it came in.

I'd like to think the things I am forgetting are purely due to learning so much new stuff and not having enough cranial capacity to hold it all. Not sure I could stand up in court with that though...

I had decided to gift UV to a friend who I am trying to introduce to Crack in the Pacific; he's more a land based gamer, so maybe WITE is more his thing; starting on UV seemed a good introduction. If he liked it he would purchase the more advanced versions.

Aside from my ineptitude, and once again this is counting on the memory, I thought there was a way to re-download your downloadable games after the initial download period had passed. I of course have downloadable matrix games, and since I appear to destroy, misplace, erase etc my media I am likely to need this service in the future.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> downloading the game out of download period Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI