Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dear Santa

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Dear Santa Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dear Santa - 12/7/2010 6:18:54 PM   
Grey Hunter

For Xmas, I would like one screen shot from the much anticipated "Brother Against Brother"
I have been a good boy all year, and have often helped my widowed, blind OAP neighbor across the road - often several times at the same time to make sure it is registered.

To ensure you compliance, I now hold two of your elves and one of your "Sub-Santa's" hostage in an undisclosed location. If I do not receive said screen shot by the 25th of this month, then the 6lb napoleons loaded with cannon balls painted like Xmas puds will be fired, and there will be three less of your helpers in the world.

Yours,
Grey Hunter.
Post #: 1
RE: Dear Santa - 12/10/2010 1:06:16 PM   
nicwb

Good luck with the Christmas request Grey hunter but have you read the signature for Gil R's posts ?

[quoteMichael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent. ][/quote]

I suspect you may have to wait a bit longer

(in reply to Grey Hunter)
Post #: 2
RE: Dear Santa - 12/11/2010 5:30:31 AM   
Gil R.

I e-mailed our graphics guy, Pixelpusher, to alert him to the threatening post, but he seems to be taking a "don't negotiate with terrorists" approach...

Which I approve of, since those elves aren't my family members.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 3
RE: Dear Santa - 12/16/2010 2:51:33 PM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

For Xmas, I would like one screen shot from the much anticipated "Brother Against Brother"
I have been a good boy all year, and have often helped my widowed, blind OAP neighbor across the road - often several times at the same time to make sure it is registered.

To ensure you compliance, I now hold two of your elves and one of your "Sub-Santa's" hostage in an undisclosed location. If I do not receive said screen shot by the 25th of this month, then the 6lb napoleons loaded with cannon balls painted like Xmas puds will be fired, and there will be three less of your helpers in the world.

Yours,
Grey Hunter.

Don't worry Grey all VAPORWARE games they say they are making never show any screenshots so it's just a good sign this one is VAPORWARE.

(in reply to Grey Hunter)
Post #: 4
RE: Dear Santa - 12/18/2010 3:37:26 AM   
Gil R.

This one is most certainly not vaporware. It just doesn't have finished maps yet, as our graphics person has been tasked with other projects, and without those maps the screenshots would be of our rather unsightly filler graphics.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 5
RE: Dear Santa - 12/18/2010 10:49:24 AM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

This one is most certainly not vaporware. It just doesn't have finished maps yet, as our graphics person has been tasked with other projects, and without those maps the screenshots would be of our rather unsightly filler graphics.

Suree Sureeee that's what they all say. I remember when Combat Leader was in production. BTW what's a filler graphic look like? We all might like to see the sequence of graphical production you know?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
RE: Dear Santa - 12/18/2010 9:21:36 PM   
Gil R.

Okay, since you insist, here is a small detail of a screenshot from the Mill Springs/Beech Grove map. The Union sprites are the ones from "Forge of Freedom," and thus are all done. The pink circle around the unit is there because I was showing our programmer something about the scenario. Towards the bottom are our temporary woods hexes. The hexes with a dark green circle in them are our temporary light woods hexes. The yellow line along the hex edges is a passable creek, which feeds into a gray (or grey, in honor of Grey Hunter) impassable creek. The brown hexes surrounding these show where there's mud. The numbers in squares show heights (four elevations are in the game). And the white plus-signs indicate that an enemy unit currently selected can fire into those hexes.

As "proof of life" I have shown a screenshot from today's New York Times website about Captain Beefheart being dead.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 12/18/2010 9:30:35 PM >

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 7
RE: Dear Santa - 12/19/2010 11:29:54 AM   
nicwb

So - the elves- are they now off the hook ?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: Dear Santa - 12/19/2010 3:40:55 PM   
Obsolete

quote:

Don't worry Grey all VAPORWARE games they say they are making never show any screenshots so it's just a good sign this one is VAPORWARE.

If this turns out to be vaporware, then some people have put in quite a bit of work for a no-show...

If this were an ASL spin-off, then you may have something there. They have a trend to either turn into vapour, or once in a while you finally get something, but then you really wish it HAD BEEN vapour-ware.

*caugh... Hasbro Squad Leader... *caugh..*caugh...

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 9
RE: Dear Santa - 12/19/2010 8:12:26 PM   
Gil R.

Obsolete, it's the journey that matters.

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 10
RE: Dear Santa - 12/24/2010 11:35:42 PM   
Gil R.

In case proof of Captain Beefheart's death coinciding with my posting a screenshot of beta-graphics wasn't enough to convince the skeptical that BAB is not vaporware, I'll share a comment from one of our testers after he'd taken the newest build around for a spin: "I'm having a great time with this build. The game's really shaping up!" As of now the bugs that were getting in the way of productive scenario testing are all gone, plus a bug that prevented me from finishing map-editing the massive (50 square miles) Manassas map has been fixed, so I'll be ramping up the production of these scenarios.

Merry Christmas!

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Dear Santa Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI