Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

National anthem...?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> National anthem...? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
National anthem...? - 8/26/2002 11:03:27 PM   
Sturmbannfuhrer

I was watching a show...forgoten the name already...starring some football players of days past(pele) n sylvester stalone...set in the backdrop of WW2 bout some POW playing soccer with the germans in occupied France...

Then i heard the national anthem played by the band or issit besides the ussual Deutschland Über Alles...just wondering if any of u guys know what is it called...issit offensive in any way...?

I know SPWAW has the Deutschland Über Alles song in one of the sound files...

And one more thing...i made lotsa changes to my game like adding foreign units to OOBs like Panther II,rail guns, Me 262, Arado 234, T34/85,JS II and modifying to create command tanks and elite infantries and medium infantries changing their arms and so forth...and i found out that the game tended to hang quite frequently...Any bright ideas guys on whats going on in my pc ? Please do advise TQ:D
Post #: 1
- 8/27/2002 1:27:54 AM   
Heide

I believe the [I]Horst Wessel[/I] was the official national anthem of the Nazi party. I could be mis-informed, though. :)

(in reply to Sturmbannfuhrer)
Post #: 2
- 8/27/2002 12:36:00 PM   
S-type

This info was found in a link from another thread

HORST WESSEL An early convert to the Nazi party was 19 year old Bielefeld born Horst Wessel who gave up his law studies to join the SA (Storm Troopers). Working as a taxi driver and builders labourer he soon became a leading orator at SA rallies. In 1929, he married Erna Jaenicke, an 18 year old prostitute. On the evening of January 14, 1930, a group of thugs, led by Jaenicke's former boyfriend and pimp, Albrecht Höhler, called at their lodgings at 62 Grosse Frankfurter Strasse, Berlin and in a fit of jealous anger, Höhler drew a pistol from his pocket and shot Wessel in the mouth. He died five weeks later on February 23. Before his murder he had composed a poem 'Die Fahne Hoch' (Fly the Flag High) which later was changed to 'The Horst Wessel Song' and introduced into Nazi Party ritual. It soon became Nazi Germany's second anthem and played after 'Deutschland Uber Allies' (Germany Before All).

Post #: 3
Re: National anthem...? - 8/28/2002 12:04:50 AM   
Kanon Fodder

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sturmbannfuhrer
[B]I was watching a show...forgoten the name already...starring some football players of days past(pele) n sylvester stalone...set in the backdrop of WW2 bout some POW playing soccer with the germans in occupied France...
[/B][/QUOTE]

When I read this yesterday the name of the movie escaped me also - then for some reason it came to me out of the blue last night:

Victory!

I was surprised to see how old the movie was - I think I must have seen it in '83 or '84 when it made it (God only knows why) to video ...

Post #: 4
- 8/29/2002 10:22:48 PM   
Sturmbannfuhrer

'The Horst Wessel Song' didnt sound like the one played before the Deutschland Über Alles song in the movie...it was played by the marching band before the match started...and yeah the name of the show is Victory ! thats it...:D

I'm getting a bit slow nowadays...:rolleyes: i remembered that song from another game i used to play...DoD half life mod...thats when it struck me..."this sounds very familiar..." then i realized the ending was of the song was the same...but i dunno what its called...

And thanx for replying :D

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> National anthem...? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI