War in the West

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Lifer

War in the West

Post by Lifer »

Alright, now that WitE is just about in the can. When will work get started on the next release, War in the West?
RDFC

Greg
Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq
sillyflower

RE: War in the West

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Lifer

Alright, now that WitE is just about in the can. When will work get started on the next release, War in the West?
RDFC

Greg

A known unknown as DR would say
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Would rather like to see Africa. Sicily and Normandy are the least interesting theatres from Axis perspective.
Banzan

Post by Banzan »

In yesterdays livechat something was mentioned about an 43-45 western europe area.
Ginella1946

Post by Ginella1946 »

43 45 western europa should be!
playing this era on TOAW, amazing!
do you think you are Lucky punk?
Lifer

Post by Lifer »

Normandy would be challenging for the Allies if logistics were done in a way to simulate extended overland movement of fuel and supplies.  Africa really the same as offensives tended to peter out when the supply trains hit their limit.  Good maneuver opportunities if the scale was kept to Company/Battalion size units.  HPS has the western Europe and Africa pretty well locked up I think though.

I'm an WitP:AE fanboy so maybe something on that scale which includes resource/oil supply/fuel movement. 
Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq
vinnie71

Post by vinnie71 »

It will also need to have a big naval component in it and somehow include Italy and North Africa. It simply doesn't make sense to see the western campaigns without their inclusion.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

RDFC

Greg

Oh for God's sake!!!! [8|][:@]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Offworlder

It will also need to have a big naval component in it and somehow include Italy and North Africa. It simply doesn't make sense to see the western campaigns without their inclusion.
Warspite1

Agreed. You can probably get away with an abstract naval game for the West 43-45 and certainly for War In The East, but not for the "Mediterranean" theatre. I would love to fight RN vs RM battles centred around supply missions to Malta, Greece and North Africa [:)]; bringing back to life those good looking Italian ships and the Royal Navy vessels with heroic war records in that theatre - Warspite, Renown, Illustrious, Ark Royal, Penelope, Ajax, Orion, Coventry, Sheffield, HMAS Sydney, Upholder, Torbay etc etc...the list is endless.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I'd prefer the next project to be a WitE expansion pack that includes production.
gids

Post by gids »

atm im to busy to be happy about WitE to think already on something else
FB jacky heusequin
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: gids

atm im to busy to be happy about WitE to think already on something else
But someone else is thinking [;)]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
gids

Post by gids »

if they would bring 10 games like this out in 1 month i would prob would make my misses VERY unhappy....broke,no more attention,zombie,answers like ...i have to take moskou :)
FB jacky heusequin
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

WITE will be awesome...just like all of GGs games.

I would like to see a War in Europe based on the WITPAE engine...if that is possible... i think the Ground Combat resolution system could also be used for a European theater game...

Course that game would be HUGE!!!
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

ORIGINAL: Banzan

In yesterdays livechat something was mentioned about an 43-45 western europe area.

40-45 would be better [:D]
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Zemke

Post by Zemke »

RDFC

Greg

You got to be kidding![:-]
"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
hgilmer3

Post by hgilmer3 »

It will take me 5 years to play through WiTE.
KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.
sfbaytf

Post by sfbaytf »

War in the West would be great especially if the Med was included and contrary to whats been said before there are those of us insane enough to play a linked War in the East/West and War in the Pacific monster game. 
rjopel

Post by rjopel »

+1
Ryan Opel
jomni

Post by jomni »

What about hypothetical NATO vs. WARSAW land battle in the 80's at this scale?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”