Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't save a game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Can't save a game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't save a game - 12/4/2010 4:10:22 AM   
blackknight

Just bought this thanks to the nice sale. I cannot save the game. When I click save as the screen blinks and nothing happens. There is no save in the directory. I cannot open a saved game from the start menu, either.

I am running Windows 7 using the 95 compatibility mode...I have also installed the latest comprehensive patch.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brian

< Message edited by blackknight -- 12/4/2010 4:12:55 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can't save a game - 12/4/2010 5:14:50 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackknight
....When I click save as the screen blinks...

Hey Brian.....did you do what I did? I went to KMART and bought one of their rice-burning mouse thingies and every time I clicked ONCE the computer thought, sometimes, that I clicked twice. So things were going haywire almost every game I played. So I shucked up some bucks and got a "real" mouse and it's smooth sailing from then on. Maybe your operating system compatability shouldn't be Win95 since that's such an OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooold operating system. Maybe you should use a different setting. You gotta use WINNT or something equally modern. I'm using "Windows XP SP 2" for the compatability and I'm running Win7 on my computer and I get to save games and everything. Lemme know if this didn't help and I'll ask somebody next to me what the "real" answer was.

(in reply to blackknight)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't save a game - 12/4/2010 4:28:04 PM   
blackknight

Hi-

My mouse is a super sexy one made by real Chinese people, but I think they are wheat-eating northerners, so it's okay. I changed the compatibility settings to XP and now I can save games. Thanks for the sarcasmic help. Stop bothering the guy next to you.

Best,

Brian

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't save a game - 12/6/2010 3:26:42 AM   
Telumar

Ever tried it wothout compatibility mode? As far as i know this is no more needed in Win 7. At least this is how it works on my machine, and it works alright,

(in reply to blackknight)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Can't save a game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI