Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

sub-Icons missing in unit graphic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Public Beta Feedback >> sub-Icons missing in unit graphic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/3/2010 3:16:29 AM   
larryfulkerson

Um........I've found a case where I put a helicopter down on the hex where one of those "top of the mountain" icons is and now my helicopter is on "combat support" without any of it's sub-icons showing. The numbers, it's health colored dot, and the "S" letter for combat support. I'm running 3.4.191 by the way. Um....is this a symptom of a much deeper problem a more sinister problem? I'm hoping not. I'm hoping it's just a graphics glitch easily fixed.

EDIT: Just as soon as I moved him to a different hex his sub-icons showed like everybody else is showing.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 12/3/2010 3:29:37 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/3/2010 8:57:24 AM   
Telumar

Due to terrain? Mountains..

I've been there in almost the exact place last year's summer, btw. It's really rather unsuited for basing helicopters. :)

Btw, Russia is building a Staats-Datscha/State Datscha in the mid of the wilderness there, should be finished in time for the winter olympics 2012 in Soci. We drove on a not yet finished highway (what a ride..) that is build for the only purpose to reach this Datcha by car while the actual building site has been supplied with materials by military helicopters (saw this live..) and direct acces to the site has been guarded by the military in a several hundred meters circle. Quite a spectacle.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/4/2010 4:52:32 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar
Btw, Russia is building a Staats-Datscha/State Datscha in the mid of the wilderness there, should be finished in time for the winter olympics 2012 in Soci. We drove on a not yet finished highway (what a ride..) that is build for the only purpose to reach this Datcha by car while the actual building site has been supplied with materials by military helicopters (saw this live..) and direct acces to the site has been guarded by the military in a several hundred meters circle. Quite a spectacle.

I'd like a copy of all the pictures you took on that particular trip. LOL.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 3
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/4/2010 5:27:12 AM   
Telumar

Okay then. This is where you wanted to place your helos:

I like this very much - taken in Maikop:

Post #: 4
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/4/2010 5:30:31 AM   
Telumar

Actually the first photo might be rather from the hex SW to your helo unit. And if you ask me, the hills should go right to the coast. View towards Soci:

< Message edited by Telumar -- 12/4/2010 5:34:55 AM >

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 5
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/4/2010 8:21:53 AM   
Oberst_Klink

And for those always wondered, why on earth is the Dnjeper river represented as "super river"... One shot near Cherkassy (July 2007)...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 12/4/2010 8:27:36 AM >

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 6
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/4/2010 11:25:34 AM   
Telumar

Wow. Not even the Don at Rostov is that broad. We crossed it by train, quite a view.

Never use russian or ukrainian trains if you can avoid it.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 7
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/5/2010 1:06:30 AM   
ogar

Wow. Thanks for the pix, guys. It really does give a sense of terrain and scale to what were just names on a map to me.

But I have to ask,
about Larry's original question --

was I the only guy who read the topic line, and thought that somehow Larry had converted his Mi-8 units into Kilo class submarines ? And somehow transported them to mountain tops in the Caucasus ?

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 8
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/5/2010 7:37:07 AM   
1_Lzard

Larry,

This is happening to me as well, playing elmer (2015-Eur and Afr)....

I noticed today that if I've punched up the 'C' button, everything looks fine. Further that the anomaly only occurs in a peak hex that has nothing else (rivers, roads, etc) in it.

Like you, I'm living in hope, tho I expect that the news will tell if investigated carefully, eh?

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

(in reply to ogar)
Post #: 9
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/14/2010 2:30:57 AM   
ralphtrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
Um........I've found a case where I put a helicopter down on the hex where one of those "top of the mountain" icons is and now my helicopter is on "combat support" without any of it's sub-icons showing. The numbers, it's health colored dot, and the "S" letter for combat support. I'm running 3.4.191 by the way. Um....is this a symptom of a much deeper problem a more sinister problem? I'm hoping not. I'm hoping it's just a graphics glitch easily fixed.

EDIT: Just as soon as I moved him to a different hex his sub-icons showed like everybody else is showing.

Larry,
Weird. Can I get a save or how to reproduce it? BTW, I don't think that it matters where you put the helicopter. It shouldn't anyway, I'll check on that.

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Post #: 10
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/14/2010 4:30:34 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a save file Ralph.  I tried to post it here but it's too big.  So I put in on a file server:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gzos7iebgjwb6p2/armgdn%20with%20mark%20T1%20hex%2054_60%20has%20helicopter%20w_o%20sub%20icons.zip

Just unzip this bad boy and voila` there's your save game file.

(in reply to ralphtrick)
Post #: 11
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/14/2010 4:34:06 AM   
ralphtrick

Thanks Larry. I've got some housekeeping to do, but I hope to start on 3.5 later this week.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Post #: 12
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/20/2010 7:49:51 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

Is this really associated with a specific terrain? My observations of helicoptered units has been that they sort of randomly switch from numbers to no-numbers and back again, as they are moved around. It worked that way in ACOW as well. Could it have to do with which hexes are "unknown" vs. "spotted" for the enemy player?

Post #: 13
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/20/2010 8:00:10 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
Could it have to do with which hexes are "unknown" vs. "spotted" for the enemy player?

Oh wow, I never thought of that. Good catch my friend.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 14
RE: sub-Icons missing in unit graphic - 12/21/2010 4:36:38 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
Could it have to do with which hexes are "unknown" vs. "spotted" for the enemy player?

Oh wow, I never thought of that. Good catch my friend.

I've done some tests and: nope - that's not it. But I think I've figured it out: The numbers are shown whenever the helicoptered unit is adjacent to a friendly unit. Otherwise, it is numberless. There are some exceptions where being adjacent to a friendly doesn't reveal the numbers, but those seem to be units that have zero recon. Being adjacent to enemy units doesn't reveal the numbers.

Still sounds like a bug, though.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Public Beta Feedback >> sub-Icons missing in unit graphic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI