From: La Salle, Colorado
I really like the AF and % of use ideas. Lew and I are using this set of HR for Burma and the surrounding area for monsoon time:
1. Offensive operations in jungle and mountain hexes on the Burmese front should be stopped from June 1st to November 1st for the Monsoon Season, allowing R&R, unit rotations, and give both players on the front a much less bloody (and much more interesting) experience. This would mean:
- No deliberate or shock attack in the jungle hexs in the designated area
- Bombardment attacks are still allowed
- Movement into friendly or empty hexes are still allowed
- No offensive air ops from or against the Burmese front hex (recon still allowed)
- No offensive carrier operations in the Gulf of Bengal against Burma (other naval ops, including bombardment, are still allowed). Striking either Bengal, Northern India or Malaya from carriers in the Gulf is still allowed, of course.
Hexes would be corresponding to everything above the "Thailand" label within Burmese and Thailandese borders + the few jungle hexes going 3 or 4 hexes into "India" (Kohima, Ledo, Imphal area)
We're at May 42 so the thoughts of getting thing done before the monsoon is really beginning to intrude on my thinking. What are thoughts regarding these HR? I would amend them to include what has been discussed above with AF.