Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully. - 11/28/2010 5:46:00 PM   
JW

Just a technical note for those wondering. I finally bought COTA on sale this week and got it successfully working on my brand new Win 7 64bit widescreen computer running at 1600x900. I've never had a widescreen, so I am new to dealing with things related to these odd screen sizes. At first it would not run. I did a combination of things, followed the instructions in the manual and here and added -resolution 1600x900 to a copy of the quickstart shortcut at the end of the target line, and I also deleted the opening avi. videos. I found the thing about the videos somewhere in the technical support forum. It now starts and runs fine without putting it in any compatitiblity mode. Before I deleted the videos, it ran under Vista2 compatibility. Now it works fine without any compaatibility mode. I thought this might help some people. Oh, yeah, I saved the videos in my COTA folder on my backup portable hard drive. I always keep a copy of the installation file and serial # and such for any of my Matrix games on a couple of backup drives actually.

Yeah, I know I'm running one game behind on the air assault game system, but that is usually how I do things. I'll catch up with the new game in a year or two. And I won't worry about what I'm missing because COTA is a lot of fun.
Post #: 1
RE: Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully. - 12/30/2010 5:18:27 PM   
simovitch

Nice, thanks for the tip.

Don't forget to download the last patch which includes the 1941 North Africa scenarios!

simovitch

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI