Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Data Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Data Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Dat... - 11/27/2010 2:49:41 AM   
SeanD

Data fixes and improvements on the horizon!

Matrix Games and Henderson Field Designs are proud to release a significant new update for their award winning WWII Pacific Theatre mega game, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition! The new comprehensive 1.01.06i is the first major data update since the release, with dozens of fixes and improvements through the game data for equipment, ships, planes, units and scenarios. Please note that you will need to start a new game to see the full effect of these data fixes and improvements. A few code fixes are also included, which will apply to all games.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Unparalleled in its realism and scope, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a must-have for any Pacific Theatre buff. This is the fifth official update since the release of Admiral’s Edition. We didn’t want to change the game data too early as this can encourage long campaign games to start over, but this update has all the accumulated data fixes and improvements since release to all the major scenarios. If you are thinking of starting a game of War in the Pacific, make sure you apply this update first! War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition just keeps getting better, and thanks to the dedicated development team and the active involvement of the community, it looks guaranteed to provide years of future enjoyment.”

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is the result of many additional man-years of development from a dedicated and experienced team including subject matter experts and experienced programmers. This has resulted in an improved War in the Pacific experience across the board. This is the entire War in the Pacific down to individual aircraft, vehicles, ships, guns and squads - more than just a game, it's an encyclopedia of the war compiled from many sources to an unmatched level of detail. Add in a much improved AI and more secure PBEM play and you have the makings of a new classic!

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is a stand-alone release which does not require ownership of War in the Pacific. The Admiral’s Edition installation process will not overwrite original War in the Pacific files, but instead the expansion installs along side the original installation of the game and runs as a separate game.

The individual features and improvements to Admiral’s Edition are far too numerous to mention in total in this announcement, but the product page link below goes into enough detail to please any War in the Pacific fan.

As our first "Collector's Edition", the boxed version also comes with a Full Color Printed 330 page manual!

War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a standalone release and does not require War in the Pacific to install and play.

Get the update here. This update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition to version 1.01.06i. Matrix Games recommends that all owners of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition update to this version. Get more information on War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition from its official product page.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 11/27/2010 3:42:25 AM   
Scott_USN

Wow this is a surprise !

Or I am just slow on the uptake... Or too much wine..

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 11/27/2010 6:16:10 AM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_USN

Wow this is a surprise !

Or I am just slow on the uptake... Or too much wine..

Too much wine ? never man.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Scott_USN)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 11/27/2010 9:27:15 AM   
Alekks

2. Code Changes
2.2. Fix attack bomber so that it will bomb and strafe using appropriate skills.

Many thanks!

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 12/2/2010 8:02:30 AM   
denisonh

Wow, looking forward to firing AE up and play when I get back next year. Great work guys!

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 12/2/2010 8:30:49 AM   
AFIntel

Couldn't ya load it on a laptop and took it with you? But then again, it's probably 14-16 hour days, 6 1/2 days a week for you deployed...

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 12/3/2010 9:36:36 PM   
mgoldstein

Thanks for the early Christmukkah gift! This strafing fanboy is very happy to have his attack bombers back!

(in reply to AFIntel)
Post #: 7
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 12/13/2010 3:41:38 PM   
denisonh

I do have AE on a laptop in my quarters, but have not fired it up due to the accurately depicted work schedule as you have laid out. (We get friday morning off, but I sleep then)

Not to mention bandwidth here is terrible and it will take a week to download the patch.

If I am lucky (or unlucky), I will have time to play on the way home if I get stuck at Bagram or Kuwait on the way home!

quote:

ORIGINAL: AFIntel

Couldn't ya load it on a laptop and took it with you? But then again, it's probably 14-16 hour days, 6 1/2 days a week for you deployed...

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to AFIntel)
Post #: 8
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/7/2011 6:49:23 AM   
rich3067

OK, so I downloaded the update. I now have a .zip file full of .jpg files. What am I supposed to do with them? Where do they belong? Thanks - in advance - for any help.

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 9
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/7/2011 8:11:17 AM   
Pascal

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich3067

OK, so I downloaded the update. I now have a .zip file full of .jpg files. What am I supposed to do with them? Where do they belong? Thanks - in advance - for any help.

The file you downloaded should have been an .exe file. Just run the .exe file and follow the instructions.

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to rich3067)
Post #: 10
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/8/2011 12:31:48 AM   
n01487477

quote:

I think you downloaded the War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition May Screenshot Pack

and not the patch ...

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to rich3067)
Post #: 11
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/9/2011 8:35:46 AM   
rich3067

Found it. Thanks.

(in reply to Pascal)
Post #: 12
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/9/2011 8:36:52 AM   
rich3067

quote:

I think you downloaded the War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition May Screenshot Pack

and not the patch ...

--Damian--

You're right. That's exactly what I did.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 13
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/9/2011 5:06:19 PM   
freeboy

the dl are funny as the click on to dl are BELOW the ones nearest, above are not the correct dl... many have made this simple error..
so to dl use the click on to dl tab BELOW the item.. hope that helps

(in reply to rich3067)
Post #: 14
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/12/2011 11:04:18 PM   
Zemke_4

I am confused. Is there an update patch or no, the one above shows to 1.01.06i and the date of the post is November

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
"Give me liberty, or give me death"
"Pass the salt, please"

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 15
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/12/2011 11:45:27 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zemke_4

I am confused. Is there an update patch or no, the one above shows to 1.01.06i and the date of the post is November

Well this is the last official patch ... the beta can be found in the tech section http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2729580

Attached on the first post

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Zemke_4)
Post #: 16
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/13/2011 9:20:27 AM   
Lowlander

No offence but I wish this thread was locked down, with each new post I think it really is a NEW UPDATE !!!.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 17
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 4/13/2011 5:42:02 PM   
freeboy

ditto, I was just about to post theabove note LOL
so.. please lock this thread!

(in reply to Lowlander)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Data Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI