Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vista?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Vista? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vista? - 11/23/2010 4:56:21 PM   
ferg1234

Howdy! I just bought Uncommon Valor and of course it does not work. This game looks great. Any issues running it on Vista?

ferg
Post #: 1
RE: Vista? - 11/23/2010 5:33:00 PM   
aaffins

I have not had any issues with it. However, 64 bit Vista does not seem to work with Tracker, which I've been told is awesome.

(in reply to ferg1234)
Post #: 2
RE: Vista? - 11/23/2010 7:00:06 PM   
Mynok

I run Tracker just fine on 64-bit Vista. The key is using 32-bit Java.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to aaffins)
Post #: 3
RE: Vista? - 11/23/2010 7:38:59 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

Martian Gamecock,
I have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java on my windows 7 machine. Does tracker need to be directed to the 32-bit in some fashion or will it choose automatically. I know this is probably somewhere in the tracker thread, but I don't feel like searching through a gazillion pages.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4
RE: Vista? - 11/23/2010 9:00:56 PM   
Mynok

I only have one installed, so I don't know. I suspect it would be controlled by your PATH environment variable.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to ChickenOfTheSea)
Post #: 5
RE: Vista? - 11/25/2010 6:20:45 PM   
ferg1234

Thank you for the replies. I did not understand them but thanks anyhow. I bought it and it works. Talk about a huge game. Wow.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 6
RE: Vista? - 11/25/2010 11:29:59 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: ferg1234
Howdy! I just bought Uncommon Valor and of course it does not work. This game looks great. Any issues running it on Vista?

ferg

I'm sure you can get UV to work on Vista too ... just make sure not to install to program files & use / setup compatibility mode for UV.

There are still ppl playing UV and I'm sure asking the Q in that forum would get a better response.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaffins

I have not had any issues with it. However, 64 bit Vista does not seem to work with Tracker, which I've been told is awesome.

Incorrect it does work ... just not as easy to set up.(see below)
quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea

Martian Gamecock,
I have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java on my windows 7 machine. Does tracker need to be directed to the 32-bit in some fashion or will it choose automatically. I know this is probably somewhere in the tracker thread, but I don't feel like searching through a gazillion pages.

Yes it does if you have both Java versions installed ... and our web-page has this information...

Batch file should look like this for 64 bit users...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to ChickenOfTheSea)
Post #: 7
RE: Vista? - 11/26/2010 5:32:33 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

Thanks, Damian.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Vista? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI