Released 23 november?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Gresbeck

Released 23 november?

Post by Gresbeck »

In the home page the game is scheduled for 23 november, but I didn't read any official announcement
Vorsteher

RE: Released 23 november?

Post by Vorsteher »

In the home page the game is scheduled for 23 november, but I didn't read any official announcement
Yes,it´s right : 23.11.2012
typhoon

Post by typhoon »

Hope that's right but to me looks like it might be just some screenshots although they alone are enough to make the mouth water
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry, November 23rd is not the scheduled release date - where are you seeing this? We are releasing a game on November 23rd, but it will be Revolution Under Siege.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/396 ... nder.Siege.

War in the East still looks good for a pre-Christmas release though. The manual printing has just finished and they are on their way back to our warehouses.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

If the release is imminent now, how about a teaser? [;)]

Like the large map (similiar to what we got for WitP AE) I asked some time ago for, a .pdf excerpt from manual, or even better: a tutorial video.
typhoon

Post by typhoon »

Erik it's the new screenshots for this game they got a november 23rd date on them even though you can download them now
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

All kinds of promo stuff planned - we're busy getting it all together and will start posting it ASAP.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Gresbeck

Post by Gresbeck »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Sorry, November 23rd is not the scheduled release date - where are you seeing this? We are releasing a game on November 23rd, but it will be Revolution Under Siege.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/396 ... nder.Siege.

War in the East still looks good for a pre-Christmas release though. The manual printing has just finished and they are on their way back to our warehouses.

Regards,

- Erik

Sorry, my fault. Didn't think the date was referred to the screenshots.
jimbo12

Post by jimbo12 »

Erik I didn't know it was that far along. I have to say that this is my most anticipated game since I started gaming 40 yrs ago with the AH game Blitzkreig. 4 of us spent more than a few all nighter's playing SPI's War in the East and I fell in love with the period and scope of the campaign. ( almost cost me my future wife! ) I have read most of the posts and the commitment that seems to have gone into this game has amazed me. I wish I had the time to playtest, but I must say thanks to all of the effort that has gone into the game and the constant info that has been available almost making us part of the process. I'm sure I am not alone when I say I am waiting to support the game with a purchase. Based on what I have seen I'm sure I won't be disapointed whenever it is complete. I am willing to wait so they get it right! In the meantime I'm going back to shooting down allied B-17's in BTR which will probably have to move to 2nd on my all time list of favorite games.

Thanks!

Jimbo
DrewBlack

Post by DrewBlack »

Hi

Im still going for 3rd december although i think anything from 3-7 is possible.

Now where did i put that christmas list.... santa can i have it back please.[:'(]
WitE2 - Alpha Tester/Beta Tester
Wite: 1.10 Beta Tester
Wite: Lost Battles Beta Tester
WitW - Beta Tester
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

I hope the manula is a pdf as well so it can be updated and enhanced - anyway - bring it on !!!

Cav
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

WOW - didn't think it was going to come that soon.  Now I know what I'm buying myself for a Christmas present!! 

Whoooo Hoooo!!!  Yea - bring it on and thanks guys, from the looks of things you've done a superior job here!
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

If the manuals are printing that means this game's release could be any time now. Now all we need is a War in the West covering North Africa and Western front from Gary Grigsby.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

How about playing one game at a time instead?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Kubel

Post by Kubel »

Arggggg I was salivating for a 23 November release date....But in time for the Winter Solstice works just fine ith me
Don
"Our profession should always be crowned by heroic death in battle" Generalfeldmarschall Fedor von Bock
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

I hope the manula is a pdf as well so it can be updated and enhanced - anyway - bring it on !!!

Cav

The printed manual is about 130 pages. It is the first 5 sections, including the main section on the interface along with all the important charts and tables that appear in the later sections. The full main manual .pdf file is 26 sections and it looks like it's going to be somewhere between 325 and 400 pages (and that's not counting the tutorial and the editor documentation which are separate .pdf files). Now in that main manual you not only get all the rules, but also 5 pages of strategy notes, a couple of pages of designer's notes, and a 15 page article about the evolution of the armies during the war by Jim Wirth. There's also an extensive recommended reading list (with English and Russian entries). Lots to look at.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

The printed manual is about 130 pages. It is the first 5 sections, including the main section on the interface along with all the important charts and tables that appear in the later sections. The full main manual .pdf file is 26 sections and it looks like it's going to be somewhere between 325 and 400 pages (and that's not counting the tutorial and the editor documentation which are separate .pdf files). Now in that main manual you not only get all the rules, but also 5 pages of strategy notes, a couple of pages of designer's notes, and a 15 page article about the evolution of the armies during the war by Jim Wirth. There's also an extensive recommended reading list (with English and Russian entries). Lots to look at.

Hey I thought a game of this magnitude would have a detailed manual!
Formerly Goodwood

mephistofileez

Post by mephistofileez »

Just about fell out of my chair when I read the 23rd, as it's my birthday, but a few days longer won't matter...what a great surprise. Looking forward to some serious reading material over the holidays.

*proud member of the forum silent majority*
randallw

Post by randallw »

This manual is larger than some real books.  [:D]
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Comic books, maybe.

Glad to hear that this will (probably) be out before Christmas.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”