Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners download 3.10?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners download 3.10? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners downloa... - 11/13/2010 9:18:02 PM   
nim8or

quote:

H3ANW does work and the 3.9x and 3.10 updates have improved it substantially from an initially buggy release. The new 3.10 version included in the Ultimate Edition (which will also be available as the last free update for the original H3ANW release) is the best to date. If you have H3ANW, update it to 3.10 once that update is released and if you like it then Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best way to support further development and have access to future updates.

We did not release the older versions in lieu of supporting and improving the current version, but many of the issues that have been raised by some have more to do with backwards compatibility or issues with third party databases and scenarios than actual bugs. We cannot ensure backwards compatibility in all cases or compatibility with unofficial databases and scenarios, so the older versions are available for those who have requested them and can help in that regard.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

All fine and good, but where do we download 3.10 now that the Ultimate Edition has been released?

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
Post #: 1
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/13/2010 10:37:04 PM   
TonyE

The installers haven't been assembled yet. I submitted the files for HC but less than 24 hours ago. Matrix will need time to package the files into their installer. I think Russell submitted the ANW files right away but do not know that for sure.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to nim8or)
Post #: 2
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/13/2010 10:50:01 PM   
nim8or

Thanks for the reply, Tony.

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/19/2010 12:57:29 AM   
jdkbph

Any updates on the 3.10 patch for ANW?

Thanks

JD

(in reply to nim8or)
Post #: 4
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/19/2010 3:39:35 AM   
TonyE

No sign of it yet, I think the focus is on a mini patch for the full Ultimate that will make up the physical copy of the game and that is likely stealing the time from the patch you are looking for. It isn't forgotten though fwiw.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 5
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/19/2010 4:20:17 PM   
jdkbph

Nice.

The word "shameless" comes to mind.

Well, thanks anyway for the update.

JD

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 6
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/19/2010 5:09:41 PM   
TonyE

On the plus side, the mini patch fixes will apply to the patch you are looking for and should take care of a few annoying glitches in presentation/UI (not game mechanics).

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 7
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/19/2010 5:15:37 PM   
uncleharpoon

We are testing the patch and the full installer for the DVD.

Then we will start testing the updater.

I don't think we tested the gold installer enough, so we want to make sure we are giving everyone a net improvement on the patch and the 3.9->3.10 final patch.

Please be clear that the "free" update between 3.9 and 3.10 is ONLY for the game engine. None of the historical versions, no HCE, just the GE is being provided.

Don Gilman
AGSI
http://www.computerharpoon.com
http://www.h3milsim.com

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 8
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 11/27/2010 5:45:50 PM   
jdkbph

Any updates on the patch?

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 9
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 12/8/2010 12:45:44 AM   
strykerpsg

Wow! Starting to wonder if this is beyond fixing, hence the nature of delay. The patch status for ANW has also set the tone for my reluctance to buy the latest Harpoon release, fearing another oft promised but never finished product. C'mon guys, help re-instill faith and confidence in this classic and your latest release.

Matt

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 10
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 12/8/2010 1:43:39 AM   
Bucks

Matt,

I've just sent AGSI the updated/fixed HUD3 Tutorial scens after feedback from the Harpoon Ultimate Edition forum. The 3.10 patch/update is very close. I'd like to assure you any "delay" is more AGSI and the developers attempting to fix or improve as much as possible within the game.

The 3.10.0+ releases are a huge jump in capability and any long term Harpoon player will appreciate the new capabilities and the options they offer to both players and Scenario Editors alike. Any major update like 3.10 is going to suffer an issue here and there, the wait you're suffering is IMHO going to be worth it.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to strykerpsg)
Post #: 11
RE: Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners dow... - 12/8/2010 10:46:15 PM   
strykerpsg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bucks

Matt,

I've just sent AGSI the updated/fixed HUD3 Tutorial scens after feedback from the Harpoon Ultimate Edition forum. The 3.10 patch/update is very close. I'd like to assure you any "delay" is more AGSI and the developers attempting to fix or improve as much as possible within the game.

The 3.10.0+ releases are a huge jump in capability and any long term Harpoon player will appreciate the new capabilities and the options they offer to both players and Scenario Editors alike. Any major update like 3.10 is going to suffer an issue here and there, the wait you're suffering is IMHO going to be worth it.

Cheers

Darren

Darren, I will maintain hope that it gets released as stated. I enjoyed this series when it was first released, but have found the current edition at times very annoying with it's non-playability at times. I almost bought the latest release, but after seeing the feedback with this release and inability to fix many of the bugs, am waiting for an honest rollup of the current patch before investing more money. Thanks for the heads up.

Matt

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Where can current Harpoon 3 ANW (Matrix) owners download 3.10? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI