Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Disregard!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Disregard!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Disregard!!! - 11/10/2010 12:27:40 AM   
AW1Steve

You might try here. Few rules or restrictions. maddogdrivethru.net

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 91
RE: Disregard!!! - 11/10/2010 12:28:32 AM   
RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Aristocracy? Like Lord Eric, Sir Joe? King David?
Now your not only insulting us
They are not tyrants, their pretty good guys

Aristocracy is a general word used here to define a social elite, it has no negative tone to it.
Its simply a general word defining a specific group. Ie. A labour force could reffer to the clarcs and leders at the office as "The Aristocracy".
Btw. Aristocracy is NOT comparable with Tyrants, 80% of Europe have actual Aristocracy but as far as I know not so many tyrants.

Another word commonly used here by the labour force would be "Office desk Generals", it has a slightlly more negative tone to it but typically aims in the direction of that the "planners and ledership at the office" has no clue about how its "down here at the factory floor" as they are only "office desk Generals"

Sorry for my complicated translation.

Now its night - Night Tithe

< Message edited by RUDOLF -- 11/10/2010 12:43:22 AM >

http://wikileaks.org/

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 92
RE: Disregard!!! - 11/10/2010 12:37:12 AM   
AW1Steve

Common? Perhaps in Europe......

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 93
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 1:07:55 AM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Indeed, some quick searches of news sites don't show much.

Warspite1

If you argue that this thread should not have been started, then why, having made that argument (which by the way, I think was fair enough) do you continue to comment on it?

I wasn't arguing that it wasn't interesting.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 94
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 1:09:58 AM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

In addition, the Thread is off-topic by definition. It is but a gentlemen's agreement that we do not post political stuff there, and there is little risk of such topics being hijacked or diverted.

So The Thread violates the stated purpose of the War Room sub-forum, and it's left alone because there's no politics? Huh? How is that good enough for the letter-of-the-law crowd here? I see there's currently a discussion of broken cruise ships in there. How is that "Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here."?

I mean if we're being all official and whatnot.

You'll have to ask Matrix why they allow us our little hole in the wall. Trust me, they've ridden through there with the ban stick many times.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 95
RE: Disregard!!! - 11/10/2010 1:18:59 AM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUDOLF

No, because I notefied them about it twise for a year ago, and got the reply that it was OK because only 2 forum members had complained on it.

Please keep in mind that this is just One example, having browsed through the forum a bit now I find 81 examples of Avatars, Quotes, SigPictures, or Text comment's in posts who is very political but allowed. I'm not gonna spend my time looking because my opinion is already set, the Only point I'm trying to make here is that we are not all bound by the same law here. That is fine by me, just don't try to fool yourself.

Oh, you poor, persecuted defender of justice and righteousness.

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 96
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 1:29:26 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

In addition, the Thread is off-topic by definition. It is but a gentlemen's agreement that we do not post political stuff there, and there is little risk of such topics being hijacked or diverted.

So The Thread violates the stated purpose of the War Room sub-forum, and it's left alone because there's no politics? Huh? How is that good enough for the letter-of-the-law crowd here? I see there's currently a discussion of broken cruise ships in there. How is that "Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here."?

I mean if we're being all official and whatnot.

I submit that unlike this thread, our little hole in the wall is generally peaceful and doesnt bother anyone. I think that is the general attitude about things that dont bother anyone.

The reason that discussing politics is almost always a bad idea is because its a volatile topic that in the overwhelming majority of cases devolves into a shouting match/insult contest/and competition of whose winky is bigger.

In addition to that, the Thread is largely self-policing, in that people who show up there looking for a fight usually get ignored. In my experience, the people who regularly post there are just looking for a place to unwind and banter about nothing in particular. If thats not your cup of tea, youre perfectly welcome not to post there. I seriously doubt that your absence would take away from the generally amiable atmosphere there.

As for your "letter of the law" comment, I think that the "law" was intended to be read in the spirit in which it was written. Namely, Matrix the company, in creating this forum set out guidelines which it intended to use to minimize argument, insult and other general unpleasantness. Since the Thread offends no one, I dont feel that your argument is valid.

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 11/10/2010 1:30:45 AM >

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 97
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 3:00:24 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

This is getting strange. The Pentagon says they know nothing about this. It doesn't sound like they are trying to hide something, they seem not to know anything about this. Is it safe to assume this is beyond the ability of the private sector?
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/mystery-missile-contrail-baffles-us-army-20101110-17mbm.html

XXX DELETED BY CENSOR XXX

IF that comment doesn't violate the Matrix NO POLITICS rule, nothing does.

Dang! I thought I wouldn't have to see posts from that source anymore. I guess my green button has a loophole.

Yep, As near as I can tell without releasing my Green Button, there is only one of Rudolf's posts that I have not seen copied in someone's reply. It makes pushing the old button almost a waste of effort . OTOH, I did miss that one post so maybe it was worth while after all

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 98
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 4:01:39 AM   
stuman

quote:

Slap on a plaster, and have a shot of rye, pilgrim!!

What does " slap on a plaster " mean ?

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 99
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 4:06:53 AM   
Sredni

I think the British call bandaids plasters, could be that.

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 100
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 4:14:33 AM   
stuman

And since I watched a History Channel ( or is it called the Mystery Channel now ? ) show not too long ago on " Secret Nazi Weapons " or some such, I think this is a roaming gang of aging U Boat sailors who fired this off.

But I could be mistaken.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 101
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/10/2010 4:42:56 AM   
Erik Rutins

Thread locked. No politics please.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 102
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Disregard!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI