Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OK, who the heck Launched that?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:17:08 PM   
RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Rudolf, read this very,very carefully: when a man suggests that his fellow citizens get out and vote, with no suggestion toward any political view point or part, and THAT statement causes the thread to be locked, where does yours stand? BTW I also take very grave exception to your sig/banner.

The Moderators have been notified.

I respect your interpolation Steve, it is just that I make another one.
I think you are a bit biased and that it is the reason to why you feel upset about this.

If you browse through the different Avatars and Signatures you will find many other quotes with not more nor less political meaning.
You also need to evaluate the intention with a quote, in this case it is a quote from a historical person- it does not need to be a political intention.
In this case it is a quote who embraces the subject Ironic.

http://wikileaks.org/

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 31
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:18:32 PM   
RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Rudolf, your link is to a website that contains a story that is poorly written (containing very bad grammar and almost infantile sentence structure). That makes me question the credentials of both the author and the website. Thus, I seriously doubt the article's accuracy, including the alleged statement by a member of the U.S. military that this old missile is a "carrier killer."

Sorry, let me provide with you a US FOX News media link instead:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/06/chinese-carrier-killer-missile-game-changer-expert-says/

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 32
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:18:44 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

the missile you mention is something like 20 or 30 years old, IIRC it was the first ballistic missile produced in China, guess that´s the reason I remember it. Why you call it carrier killer is beyond me.

Well Castor troy, the US Navy officials and neutral experts calls it for that!
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/03/china-testing-ballistic-missile-carrier-killer/
http://www.metrolic.com/df-21d-the-carrier-killing-missile-110455/
http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world-news/chinese-df-21d-missile-sends-strong-signals-to-us-navy_100408198.html

a BALLISTIC missile to hit a moving ship? Hmm, will take a look at these links, probably a good read. But before I´m going to believe this within the next 15 or 20 years I have to see one hit a moving ship.

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 33
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:19:26 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Rudolf, read this very,very carefully: when a man suggests that his fellow citizens get out and vote, with no suggestion toward any political view point or part, and THAT statement causes the thread to be locked, where does yours stand? BTW I also take very grave exception to your sig/banner.

The Moderators have been notified.

I respect your interpolation Steve, it is just that I make another one.
I think you are a bit biased and that it is the reason to why you feel upset about this.

If you browse through the different Avatars and Signatures you will find many other quotes with not more nor less political meaning.
You also need to evaluate the intention with a quote, in this case it is a quote from a historical person- it does not need to be a political intention.
In this case it is a quote who embraces the subject Ironic.

OK, 1st politics, NOW a personal attack? Perhaps you'd like to toss in a picture or two of a naked nun?

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 34
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:20:45 PM   
RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

a BALLISTIC missile to hit a moving ship? Hmm, will take a look at these links, probably a good read. But before I´m going to believe this within the next 15 or 20 years I have to see one hit a moving ship.

"The emerging Chinese anti-ship missile capability, and in particular the DF 21D, represents the first post-Cold War capability that is both potentially capable of stopping our naval power projection -- and deliberately designed for that purpose," said Patrick Cronin, senior director of the Asia-Pacific Security Program at the nonpartisan, Washington-based Center for a New American Security"

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/06/chinese-carrier-killer-missile-game-changer-expert-says/

Sorry, I don't understand.
There is no one here who is after you. I simply stated (as you can read) that I think you are upset because you are a pro-us activist and that I think you are anoyed by my theory about this missile outside of the US coast. Let it be, it is no point in arguing on a forum. If you want a discussion about it send me a PM and I can give you a call, if not I recommend you drop this debate.

The post is about a missile, so let's keep it there.

< Message edited by RUDOLF -- 11/9/2010 6:24:15 PM >

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 35
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:21:18 PM   
AW1Steve

Rudolf, go ahead and show me some of those offensive sig banners. Maybe I'll agree with you. More likely I won't. If I've seen any that were offensive I've told the owner. If they ignore that , I tell the MODs and they make the call.

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 36
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:24:00 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Sorry, let me provide with you a US FOX News media link instead:

Which, comically, again says the exact opposite of that which you have been arguing. The system doesn't exist, hasn't been tested, has no sensors, and is speculative. Yep, other than that it's a real carrier-killer all right.

There is a nice picture of a museum piece though.

The Moose

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 37
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:24:31 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

OK, 1st politics, NOW a personal attack? Perhaps you'd like to toss in a picture or two of a naked nun?

Depends, How are her toes?

The Moose

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 38
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:31:18 PM   
RUDOLF

quote:

Rudolf, go ahead and show me some of those offensive sig banners. Maybe I'll agree with you. More likely I won't. If I've seen any that were offensive I've told the owner. If they ignore that , I tell the MODs and they make the call.

Ok, here is a example:

Politicla Avatar

User: EUBanana
The Avatar shows that the user is Anti-European Union
The Avatar is often used by a specific political party, it is also often used in Anti-EU demonstrations in Britain.

I can find many more, but don't really want to invest the energy to do so.
Expressing political opinion, comments and in this case Evan political commercial seems to be accapteble as long as it does not go agianst the opinion's of.......

< Message edited by RUDOLF -- 11/9/2010 6:35:24 PM >

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 39
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:36:26 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Ok, here is a example:

Politicla Avatar

User: EUBanana
The Avatar is used often by a political party, it is also often used in Anti-EU demonstrations.

I can find many more, but don't really want to invest the energy to do so.
Expressing political opinion, comments and in this case Evan political commercial seems to be accapteble as long as it does not go agianst the opinion's of.......

For what it's worth I agree with you. I'd not seen it before. You'll have the mod's opion, as I expect they will be looking over this thread before too long.

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 40
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 6:37:40 PM   
RUDOLF

Yes that sounds good, well I will retire anyway and I wich you all a good eavning gentlemen.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 41
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:04:22 PM   
USS America

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

This is getting strange. The Pentagon says they know nothing about this. It doesn't sound like they are trying to hide something, they seem not to know anything about this. Is it safe to assume this is beyond the ability of the private sector?
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/mystery-missile-contrail-baffles-us-army-20101110-17mbm.html

The Pentagon? You mean the same Pentagon who claimed in 2009 that the US are not Still torturing people in 194 different secrat prisions arround the world?

HaHa, I don't think there is as much as a tiny chanse that this is anything but a US plot.
Maybe it is secret R&D going on - US can not admit it as it might be a treaty valuation.
Or since this was near the approach path to KLAX maybe it was a failed assassination attempt.

It is impossible to say, they will never tell you - you will never know.

IF that comment doesn't violate the Matrix NO POLITICS rule, nothing does.

Dang! I thought I wouldn't have to see posts from that source anymore. I guess my green button has a loophole.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 42
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:06:52 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Has anyone mentioned the aliens? No? Then what about them?

quote:

And? Is he hurting anybody?

"Hang on, is that it...? Are we on the ring...?? Ready???" -- Nürburgring Seven Second Ring King

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 43
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:10:33 PM   
Terminus

The rules are the same for everyone. No politics, ever, by anyone.

It's amazing that some people still can't get something this simple into their heads: we have no rights here, except what Matrix gives us. And the sort of posts made by "Rudolf" in this thread are not permitted.

For what it's worth, and as I said, the original poster should not even have opened the thread in the first place.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 44
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:21:37 PM   
JWE

Do ya'll remember Japan? RUDOLPH'S IP trap puts him in the same place. Nuff said? Anyone who pays attention to that login gets what they deserve.

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 45
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:23:41 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

For what it's worth, and as I said, the original poster should not even have opened the thread in the first place.

Sorry, it was what I thought , general interest. I realize this is a forum specific to a game but some members of the group share some broad general interests. I thought this was a "fun" topic. They are some military folk that post in the forums so I thought they might be able to shed some light. Politics was not intended.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 46
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:29:02 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Sorry, it was what I thought , general interest. I realize this is a forum specific to a game but some members of the group share some broad general interests. I thought this was a "fun" topic. They are some military folk that post in the forums so I thought they might be able to shed some light. Politics was not intended.

John, you didn't do anything wrong. And T is definately wrong! ANY thread can be hijacked! And yours was. I don't blame you ' I DO blame the hijacker!

Let's not punish the victim T !

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 47
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:37:16 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Has anyone mentioned the aliens? No? Then what about them?

quote:

And? Is he hurting anybody?

Not me, because I learned something. That's never a bad thing. I had no idea that's what that symbol is all about.

The Moose

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 48
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:42:58 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

[Sorry, it was what I thought , general interest. I realize this is a forum specific to a game but some members of the group share some broad general interests. I thought this was a "fun" topic. They are some military folk that post in the forums so I thought they might be able to shed some light. Politics was not intended.

I had not seen this topic before your post. It spurred me to flip on cable news and learn more.

My only comment would be to maybe label it with an "OT" as a signal for purists to pass on by.

OTOH, addressing those purists, how the heck is The Thread, which consists mainly of grown men saying "Good night, John Boy" to each other, on topic for the stated purpose of The War Room? Hmmmm?

The Moose

Post #: 49
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:44:54 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

John, you didn't do anything wrong. And T is definately wrong! ANY thread can be hijacked! And yours was. I don't blame you ' I DO blame the hijacker!

Thanks,
Hard to know what to post anymore. You ask about a patch, you get mocked, you talk about ineffective Allied AA, you get a thread shut down, you do something light and off topic, someone hijacks it, and the messenger gets shot.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 50
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:48:23 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

Thanks,
Hard to know what to post anymore. You ask about a patch, you get mocked, you talk about ineffective Allied AA, you get a thread shut down, you do something light and off topic, someone hijacks it, and the messenger gets shot.

Slap on a plaster, and have a shot of rye, pilgrim!!

The Moose

Post #: 51
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:54:21 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

[Sorry, it was what I thought , general interest. I realize this is a forum specific to a game but some members of the group share some broad general interests. I thought this was a "fun" topic. They are some military folk that post in the forums so I thought they might be able to shed some light. Politics was not intended.

I had not seen this topic before your post. It spurred me to flip on cable news and learn more.

My only comment would be to maybe label it with an "OT" as a signal for purists to pass on by.

OTOH, addressing those purists, how the heck is The Thread, which consists mainly of grown men saying "Good night, John Boy" to each other, on topic for the stated purpose of The War Room? Hmmmm?

Your right Moose! Why don't we just ask Matrix to close the forum, except for the tech threads!We really can't behave ourselves, and follow the few rules that Matrix has layed down!

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 52
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:55:06 PM   
redcoat

quote:

Missile launched off the coast of Los Angles. Navy and Air force say it wasn't them.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/09/national/main7036716.shtml

Perhaps someone on a sub hit the "launch order" button instead of the "lunch order" button.

Post #: 53
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 7:58:54 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Do ya'll remember Japan? RUDOLPH'S IP trap puts him in the same place. Nuff said? Anyone who pays attention to that login gets what they deserve.

Yes, I do remember "Japan". That would explain a lot, although the "intensity" of the posts appear to be less with the latter login.

Alfred

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 54
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 8:01:42 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

[Your right Moose! Why don't we just ask Matrix to close the forum, except for the tech threads!We really can't behave ourselves, and follow the few rules that Matrix has layed down!

That's "laid down", aircraft boy.

Is that the sound of a Thread ox being gored I hear?

I used to hang out on Usenet--for 15 years--but it's mostly dead now. It's hard to move to a moderated enviro, and this forum is pretty moderated, even by Matrix standards. (The aforementioned Matrix Harpoon forum is the subject of a brouhaha over on the historical wargames newsgroup on Usenet, to the point Matrix Eric R. got involved two days ago.)

I spend a lot of time at home these days--tough economy. I made this forum my browser home page a while ago. It's the first thing I see in the morning, and the last thing at night. Maybe that's healthy, maybe it isn't. If I run afoul of strict adherence to the game, and only the game, I plead guilty. But I enjoy the folks here for the most part, and so I sometimes get into discussions that aren't strictly game related.

That DOES NOT mean that I want to "John Boy" any of them, however. Yeccch!

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 11/9/2010 8:02:06 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 55
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 8:02:35 PM   
RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

HaHa you know that is actually a very good point Bullwinkle58.

I have one objection however and that is regarding the part of your sentence who mentions the word "grown men"...

Good night lads..

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 56
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 8:04:48 PM   
CV2

No matter how much you want it to be true, that was NOT a US Navy test (or any other navy for that matter). There is no way they would allow a missle launch over the US mainland where it could come down in an unsecure area. Only "reasonable" explanation is someone made a mistake either in a missle drill or possibly some disgruntled navy sailor did it just to see if he could (watch for it next season on NCIS).

< Message edited by CV2 -- 11/9/2010 8:05:33 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 57
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 8:06:34 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

+1

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 58
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 8:16:30 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Yes, I do remember "Japan". That would explain a lot, although the "intensity" of the posts appear to be less with the latter login.

Alfred

Yeah, perhaps explained by the previous banning (so as to hang around this time).

At least there haven't been any accidents with those nuclear weapons the Russian bombers are flying out of Venezuela up the US east coast practically every day.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 59
RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? - 11/9/2010 8:17:36 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

Slap on a plaster, and have a shot of rye, pilgrim!!

Aw, all right. But I am going to be petulant and pout for a few hours and go home and have a drink first. Oh, and the missile, apparently a marketing stunt for Call of Duty Black Ops (I kid, I kid)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OK, who the heck Launched that? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI