Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

kamikaze activation question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> kamikaze activation question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
kamikaze activation question - 11/9/2010 12:24:19 AM   
jcjordan

Is a CV raid enough to trigger kamikaze activation or is just range to nearest allied base?
Post #: 1
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/9/2010 12:47:45 AM   
Misconduct

Kamikazes are activated if the Allies own a base within 15 hexes (traced by sea only) of either Tokyo, Takao or Saigon. These will not activate before Jan 1, 1944.

I am not sure if this adds to account the Chinese, however I would believe it stands for "Allies" as in Australian, British or American.

Edited: can anyone confirm whether taking a base within 15 hex of the 3 bases as Chinese it would enable Kamikaze?

< Message edited by Misconduct -- 11/9/2010 12:55:13 AM >

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/9/2010 8:49:00 AM   
michaelm

Excludes Chinese national hexes.

The range was changed to under 21 hexes due to the map scale change in build 1092. It was forgotten on release as 15 was from stock.

Michael

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 3
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/9/2010 3:52:14 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Excludes Chinese national hexes.

The range was changed to under 21 hexes due to the map scale change in build 1092. It was forgotten on release as 15 was from stock.

Michael,

Thank you VERY much for sharing this. Great support continues ....

Pax

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/9/2010 11:09:42 PM   
jcjordan

Thanks. In my game vs the IJ AI I've got Saigon & most of SE Asia except Malaya & a good portion of IJ China though I've basically stopped there but I was just starting to think about home island raids & got me to wondering about kamikazes. I'm probably about a year or so ahead in advancing vs historical timeline in most places.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 5
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/10/2010 7:41:58 AM   
Hotschi

And in my game vs AI, Japan never bothered to take Sandakan in Northern Borneo, which is exactly 21 hexes from Saigon.

So I own a base which triggers Kamikazes? And, do "dot-bases" within the distance trigger Kamikazes as well?

It's 20 Jan 1944 now.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 6
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/10/2010 10:20:16 AM   
michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

And in my game vs AI, Japan never bothered to take Sandakan in Northern Borneo, which is exactly 21 hexes from Saigon.

So I own a base which triggers Kamikazes? And, do "dot-bases" within the distance trigger Kamikazes as well?

It's 20 Jan 1944 now.

Base must have an AF 1+. This would exclude the 'dot' bases unless they are built up.
There is no limitation such that the base has to have been occupied by the Japanese and re-captured.

If the base is in range (21 sea hexes) of TOKYO (base #252), TAKAO (base #330) or SAIGON (base #435), is not located in China/Tibet and controlled by Allied player and 1944+, then the kamikazes (converting groups to kamikaze mode,as distinct from the occasional plane turning into a kamikaze prior to 1944 due to damage) are activated.

Michael

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 7
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/10/2010 10:54:11 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

quote:

It's 20 Jan 1944 now.

Base must have an AF 1+. This would exclude the 'dot' bases unless they are built up.
There is no limitation such that the base has to have been occupied by the Japanese and re-captured.

If the base is in range (21 sea hexes) of TOKYO (base #252), TAKAO (base #330) or SAIGON (base #435), is not located in China/Tibet and controlled by Allied player and 1944+, then the kamikazes (converting groups to kamikaze mode,as distinct from the occasional plane turning into a kamikaze prior to 1944 due to damage) are activated.

michaelm
, the most publicly under-appreciated member of AE team ( some others have gotten their spanking already ) . There should be multiple forum threads for thanksgiving for your work!

Thank you for your continuing support!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 8
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/10/2010 12:50:48 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

quote:

It's 20 Jan 1944 now.

Where do we send the case of Fosters for the holidays?

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 9
RE: kamikaze activation question - 11/10/2010 2:24:43 PM   
Hotschi

Thanks for the answer michaelm!

This means that I am on the safe side (Sandakan is still AF size 0).

But what's more important, it means that a invasion of Leyte triggers Kamikazes, just like it was historically (if I remember correctly).

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> kamikaze activation question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI