Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: December 17th

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: December 17th Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: December 17th - 12/13/2010 9:27:04 PM   
cookie monster

And the pilot losses.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 61
RE: December 17th - 12/13/2010 9:35:04 PM   
cookie monster

Due to the loss of CV Kaga, I am now thinking of halting BB Musashi and accelerating CV Junyo.

It's gonna take some time to repair the damage to the 3 CV's with system damage around 25.

But 2 of the 3 Allied CV's have been neutralised so I guess the CV's have done there job even if it meant losing Kaga.

I see Jap players splitting the KB and getting trashed, and I didnt want to do that.

However only at the back of my mind did I know it takes endurance (fuel) to launch aircraft.

A sad day indeed, but tactically I presume significant.

Free reign in the Pacific during the expansion phase.

Those Allied CV's I hope will not get away, my KB AO's are about two days away.

Also I have an Air Hq that can be unloaded at Babeldaob and stage some Netties and Zero's in for the kill.

I hope he loses the entire task force.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by cookie monster -- 12/13/2010 9:37:21 PM >

Post #: 62
RE: December 17th - 12/13/2010 9:41:34 PM   
cookie monster

Other news.

A chinese force of 800 AV is at Sinyang. I think it's more of a delay tactic myself.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 63
RE: December 17th - 12/13/2010 9:48:46 PM   
Mike Solli

Your pilot losses could have been worse. That does hurt though. I recommend keeping the Musashi building and halting some subs. For Junyo you need 168 points per turn. If you change Shoho to normal, you'll save 78, reducing the need to 90. Four Ro class subs will take care of that. Keep in mind that if you put Junyo with your fast CVs, the TF max speed will drop to 25.

Created by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 64
RE: December 17th - 12/14/2010 11:10:08 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Hi cookie,

It's a little after the fact, but be very careful running KB around often at full speed. In this case it might have been worth the chase, but the engine/system damage you will accumulate running at full speed will put your carriers in port repairing for long periods of time during your most crucial phase. It's kind of a moot point with your recent battle damage, just something to remember after you are repaired up. It was a very costly lesson for me in another game where KB was dry docked for 3 crucial weeks in January.

I often run TF's at cruise speed to conserve fuel until they are close to being in harms way then ramp it up to mission speed. Only drawback is you are slower for potential submarine attacks. Also, I'd suggest running any damaged ships at cruise speed instead of mission speed, it seems to reduce the chance of flooding and increasing damage.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 65
RE: December 17th - 12/14/2010 11:53:18 PM   
fcharton

Arriving a bit late too, but if you look at the air losses you've posted above, the 90 ops losses (plus the 47 air to air) suggest both Allies CVs are gone. This leaves him with 2 CVs for a couple of months, perhaps in San Diego or arriving there soon. Try to send a lot of subs over there. You might get lucky when he tries to move out, and anyway, it will make him prudent.

In the end you traded one CV, and KB out of the game for a couple of weeks (time needed to refuel, move back to a shipyard, repair the least damaged boats, and send it back into war), for half of his CV force, and, more importantly, a lot of very good pilots. Not a bad start...

Francois

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 66
RE: December 17th - 12/15/2010 1:18:35 AM   
Yakface

Hi Cookie Monster

Without fuel your CV's could be in real trouble. They start accumulating damage if they move and ultimately could sink. I'd leave them where they are and move refueling ships to them. Even AK's with noting on board can donate fuel from their tanks

(in reply to fcharton)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: December 17th Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI