Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

victory points battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> victory points battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
victory points battle - 11/7/2010 12:26:10 PM   
Maulet

Hello,

I am playing again this great game with the last patch 1.12.2

I have won 2 big battles with more than 21k soldiers killed in total, but I have not victory points in my panel.

Has been changed it in last patch? What are the conditions to add points for me when I won a big battle?

I am playing federals, february 1862.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: victory points battle - 11/12/2010 7:22:07 AM   
Gil R.

Maulet,
At this point I don't remember what changes might have been made, and since I'm out of town I can't check. Have you looked at the readme file to see if victory point conditions were changed? That would say, and if it says nothing then no change was made.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 2
RE: victory points battle - 11/12/2010 4:24:41 PM   
Floyd

There is indeed a note for 1.12.2:
"VPs are now properly assigned only for decisive battles."

And from the manual:
"4.3.2 Decisive Battles
A Decisive Battle is one in which each side brought a total of at least 40,000 Strength into battle,
and the total casualties (i.e. inflicted damage, or losses to Strength on both sides) are at least 10,000 Strength.
Note that the losses during pursuit that are shown at the end of Quick Combat count towards casualties.
(However, any units captured during pursuit afterwards do not count towards casualties.)"

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: victory points battle - 11/12/2010 6:41:36 PM   
Maulet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Floyd

There is indeed a note for 1.12.2:
"VPs are now properly assigned only for decisive battles."

And from the manual:
"4.3.2 Decisive Battles
A Decisive Battle is one in which each side brought a total of at least 40,000 Strength into battle,
and the total casualties (i.e. inflicted damage, or losses to Strength on both sides) are at least 10,000 Strength.
Note that the losses during pursuit that are shown at the end of Quick Combat count towards casualties.
(However, any units captured during pursuit afterwards do not count towards casualties.)"

Hope this helps.

thanks !

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> victory points battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI