Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/3/2010 3:20:38 AM   
witpqs

I know I've seen other threads here about carrier resize problems. Here is what has happened to me.

In addition to their own squadrons of F, DB, and TB, two CV's each had multiple fragments of fighter units. On their way to the west coast to repair/upgrade, they stopped at Pearl Harbor to refuel.

When they refueled at Pearl, their own fighter squadrons resized down to about size 4 or 5. Note that the TF did not actually "dock", as it was too large to do so.

When they got near San Francisco, I flew off all of the fragments. Their own fighter groups still will not resize back to 36 upon reaching SF. So, after making certain the TF was docked, I clicked on the Resize option in each of those two squadrons and left them both selected as "Resize to 36". Sent off the turn (see save game attached). No resize.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/3/2010 6:27:28 AM   
michaelm

The re-size wont work because it thinks that there are already too many actual planes on the CV;
using VF-1 as sample:
number of planes currently on ship - group's current MAX + new size > CV capacity *115%
87 - 4 + 36 > 103

I suspect if you transfer 19 planes (119-100 to get below CV threshold of 103) from reserve back to pool that should free up the space to re-size.

Or more simply, move the VB (with No re-size setting) onto the base to free up the space and let the VF group re-size. Then move the VB back on in next turn.

I am in the process of verifying this. Yep it worked.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 11/3/2010 8:13:20 AM >

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2
RE: Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/3/2010 7:12:55 AM   
witpqs

Michael,

When I look at the two carriers in the TF at San Francisco, I see planes as follows:

5F + 36DB + 18TB = 59 and 6F + 36DB + 18TB = 60.

I don't know where you are seeing 87 planes on those carriers (Pago Pago and Google).

Of course, I am looking in-game. If you are looking at some sort of debug mode, then maybe you are seeing some left over artifact from before I transfered out the fragments?

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/3/2010 8:13:33 AM   
michaelm

When I looked at the save, there were 30+ in Reserve in VF-1 and -16. The 87 was from the actual planes on-board, not max size.

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/3/2010 3:26:44 PM   
witpqs

Ah... I didn't see the reserve planes. I'll fiddle with things as you suggest.

Thanks!

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 5
RE: Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/3/2010 5:17:44 PM   
witpqs

Michael, I should have mentioned that this is a PBM, so I might be a couple of days getting back to you with results as I can not just run turns.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 6
RE: Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/5/2010 5:28:19 AM   
witpqs

Michael,

The work-around you gave me did the trick. All is well now.

So I guess the only code issue is that it (sort of) double counts an expanding squadrons reserve planes?

Thanks again.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
RE: Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) - 11/5/2010 10:33:08 AM   
Sardaukar

Thanks for the work-around, I had prroblems with Wasp VF unit, this helped!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Carrier Squadron Resize Problem (No cap_and_gown) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI