Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Singapore garrison

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Singapore garrison Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Singapore garrison - 11/2/2010 4:35:34 PM   
tk208

Hi guys, just a quick question, whats the best way to reduce the garrison in singapore? Bombing the troops, the port or the airfield? My troops are in singapore but they shock attacked so they will need a while to rest.
Cheers.
Post #: 1
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/2/2010 4:50:08 PM   
d0mbo

keep bombing the port/airfield so they don't build up forts again,  repeated deliberate attacks to bring down forts is the only way to do it really.

ANd lucky dicerolls!

(in reply to tk208)
Post #: 2
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/2/2010 4:50:58 PM   
jay102

Bomb the airfield to prevent fort construction and burn supply. Bomb the troops before assult to help the odd adjustment. Of course the most important is bring enough troops.

PS. Be sure all your troops arrive destination and the same time.

(in reply to tk208)
Post #: 3
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/2/2010 5:07:02 PM   
topeverest

+1  Supply is the key...keep port and airfield at 100% damage.  Bomb from 10,000 feet or at a height where AA losses are acceptable.  Will take considerable time if there is ample supply stockpile.  Can periodically land bombard to get an idea of garrison strength.

Andy M

(in reply to jay102)
Post #: 4
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/3/2010 2:03:27 AM   
jomni

Yeah Singapore takes a lot of effort to crack.
There's no shortcut.
In my game it held out longer than Bataan.

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 5
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/6/2010 8:51:51 AM   
tk208

Thanks for the reply guys, might be a bit hard to keep the port and airfield at 100% damage as there are a fair few engineers at the base.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/6/2010 8:53:12 AM   
Sardaukar

As long as they are repairing damage, they cannot build up fort levels. 

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to tk208)
Post #: 7
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/6/2010 3:53:02 PM   
Q-Ball

You can't starve them out, not in a reasonable timeframe.

The primary thing is to bring enough troops. Five Divisions is the minimum for a quick conquest. Minimum usage should be:

18th Division
2nd Division (100% prepped for Singapore turn 1)
5th Division
Imperial Guards
1 other Division (21st from Shanghai, or 38th from Hong Kong)

All these units, with the exception of the 38th Div, should be prepping for Singapore starting TURN 1. Any fighting the Allies do up the peninsula, while you are not prepped for it, ultimately does you a favor.

That is the bare minimum; I would go 6-7 to be sure. You can lift a couple more from Luzon, if the Allies are driven back on Clark. Starving out Luzon is the correct option there; it is NOT in Malaya.

Others have stated the rest: Bomb the base to prevent fort rebuilds, and knock the forts down gradually.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 8
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/6/2010 9:25:47 PM   
aaffins

I see above that some recommend port attacks. In a recent game I hit the port at Soerbaja for a about a week before attacking. I was actually more targeting some shipping that had been left there, but it did a lot of damage to the port. The problem was it also completely destroyed all industry at Soerbaja. When I caputred it everything was at maximum damage. I believe I caputured the base on the first ground attack, so it's not as if the damage was caused by fighting. I figured I caused the damage port attacking, in which case that might be something to consider...

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 9
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/6/2010 10:34:42 PM   
Sauvequipeut

Not sure offhand if it's still the case for AE (I've yet to brave the Japanese side), but in WiTP when you took an enemy base any industry there took a certain amount of damage. IIRC the damage depended on the number of defending engineers present and represented demolition of key facilities before capture.

If that still happens in AE, then that could account for the industry damage rather than the port attacks.

(in reply to aaffins)
Post #: 10
RE: Singapore garrison - 11/9/2010 5:54:05 AM   
tk208

Cheers for the reply's guys

(in reply to Sauvequipeut)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Singapore garrison Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI