So here is what I' ve done up to version 1.46. Still working on this -- so still no warranty, given or implied. [EDIT: I've taken down the file -- a fatal event error crept in. 1.47 will be up shortly - bt]
Here's what's new since I first posted this here:
- I've altered the Axis initial deployment to more closely resemble bigduke66's maps, posted above. 16th army is deployed a little further to the west and does not have the SS-cav brigade (which is deployed instead to AGC reserve, where apparently it was). Some of the deployments of 9th, 4th and 2nd armies are tinkered with. And 2nd panzer group is set up in mid-lunge through the Soviet line, having been on the move for a day and a half when the scenario begins. 48th panzer corps is deployed on the extreme right flank where, apparently, it was. 2nd panzer group's infantry is still arriving from the southwest as the scenario begins. bidduke could I trouble you to have a look at this and see what you think?
- 16th army's stretch of the "Axis stop line" is reworked to prevent these two corps of 16th army from ahistorically abandoning contact with the rest of their army, offmap to the north. Some of the Soviet PO's orders in the north have been reworked to take account of 16th army's different position and to build in the historical incentive for 16th army to not leave an open northern flank.
- I've corrected the double arrival of 93rd and 385th infantry divisions (I suggest you disband the second helping in your current game, sPzAbt653 -- a gift from OKW into your replacements).
- The initial dry season lasts 6 turns instead of 8, and the various fall/winter weather effects all happen two turns earlier to get the scenario closer to the "average" weather in this theatre.
- A number of errors that crept into the events during various iterations are corrected (when you add new events, some of the old ones further down get scrambled, I relearn).
- All the weather effects on German supply centres are fully implemented.
- I've taken a first stab at reworking the German armour force. 6th, 7th and 10th panzer are withdrawn in the spring of 1942, as occured historically, and reappear in late summer with modernized equipment. Other panzer divisions receive more advanced pzIIIs and pzIVs incrementally. There are some more suggestions on the board tonight on this topic that I'm going to think about, but this build gets us closer I think.
- Soviet air units get a lower proficiency, to reduce unlikely German-Soviet kill ratios.
- German rail transport is slashed when the first winter arrives (locomotives are uninsulated) and then gradually recovers.
- German automatic rail repair is slashed and some additional railway pioneers are deployed. The Axis now has to do its own rail-repair and conversions, mostly.
- I've cleaned up some (hopefully close to all) of the blank news events.
Thank you for the notes and feedback -- have reminded me how fun it is to do these like this.
< Message edited by briantopp -- 11/17/2010 6:53:47 PM >