Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 2

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Jason Petho

Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 2

Post by Jason Petho »

Would it be worthwhile to create some video tutorials of the Bootcamp scenarios in addition to the write-ups?

Jason Petho
Geomitrak

RE: Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 2

Post by Geomitrak »

I voted yes, but as long as its not too much work. A video tutorial not only instructs people how to play, but it also allows potential customers a glimpse into the game, what it looks like, how it plays, and the huge fun to be had therein.

Go for it Jason, but gawd man, don't burn yourself out.

Regards

Paul
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

ORIGINAL: Geomitrak

I voted yes, but as long as its not too much work. A video tutorial not only instructs people how to play, but it also allows potential customers a glimpse into the game, what it looks like, how it plays, and the huge fun to be had therein.

Regards

Paul
1+

However, I think they should be released later down the line. It's going to suck that us veteran JTCS players are going to have to wait on the game to be released just for video tutorials we probably won't need anyway. Sounds selfish, but...
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
markw

Post by markw »

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

Regards

Paul
1+

However, I think they should be released later down the line. It's going to suck that us veteran JTCS players are going to have to wait on the game to be released just for video tutorials we probably won't need anyway. Sounds selfish, but...

I concur with the above.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: markw

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

Regards

Paul
1+

I concur with the above.

+1 (Voted "no" for the said reasons, to be on a safe side [8D] )

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Boonierat

Post by Boonierat »

Could be good advertising to have videos for the game on YouTUbe and such places, but not really useful for the JTCS hardcore fans imo.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

If the hardcore user, whatever that mean, does not need the videos, the solution is not opening the videos.
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

ORIGINAL: Amalur

If the hardcore user, whatever that mean, does not need the videos, the solution is not opening the videos.

Re-read my first post. This can unnecessarily increase development time. Considering that the people who play JTCS and come to the JTCS forums of other sites are the only ones that know about this game, it's safe to assume that the vast majority of buyers will be previous owners/buyers of JTCS. Just like what I said in my previous post, I'm all for the videos but they should be released later down the line.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

I think making the tutorial scens covering new stuff is more time compsuming that making a video of them, and the usefulness for a player should be the same. So if the development time is the problem can the tutorials be fired?
If the developers think making the videos is too time comsuming or useless...etc they wont make them, I guess they know what are able to do or not to do, and they know the release dates they have.
I think if they make a poll I assume&nbsp; the videotutorials can be into the planning.

Big problem here if the only customers of the game&nbsp; are old school, when the patch is out. Wish new buyers for the game, and the videotutorials are great for the new user to get into.

Greetings.
Borst50

Post by Borst50 »

i voted no. The only video tutorial i ever saw was one of the bootcamps a few years ago. and while visually interesting, it didnt teach me anything i didnt already know. However, the downside is newbies may need to have this.

But again, we vets from the talonsoft days didnt have a video tutorial and we had to learn thru trial and error.

So i am thinking it all comes down to whether or not you have the time and desire to make them. [;)]

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”