Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Jason Petho

Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1

Post by Jason Petho »

As many of you know, Modern Wars: Volume I consists of two games.

I am presently in the middle of creating and writing up the Bootcamp Tutorials. I have completed Bootcamp One and started on Bootcamp Two for the Vietnam game.

My question is, should I create another set of Tutorials for the Middle East game as well, or is the Bootcamps that will be available in Vietnam be enough?

Jason Petho
Geomitrak

RE: Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1

Post by Geomitrak »

I voted for one game. Unless there are significant game-play differences between the two, a single tutorial of the basics should do. And really, it is only the basics you need to teach in this game; the rest is there in the manual. And there's common sense of course...you don't have to be Clausewitz to understand jungle is better concealment than desert. [;)]

Regards

Paul
markw

Post by markw »

ORIGINAL: Geomitrak

you don't have to be Clausewitz to understand jungle is better concealment than desert. [;)]

I knew I was doing something wrong...
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

I've always considered tutorials as a means to understand the game mechanics. If these are sufficiently shown in the Vietnam scenario, a tutorial in a middle east setting would be unnecessary.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Voted Two games this time, assuming there would be quite different weapons systems available. I would suggest you start with either bootcamp tutorial, and have the basics only there. Anything extra on the other game, just add them in a manner assuming the players are already familiar with the other?
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Borst50

Post by Borst50 »

I voted both games. Tactics nd weaponry would differ, and i am assuming there are going to be different units that would merit special mention in both eras.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”