From: Chicago, Illinois
From a ground level, here is what you get Scen 2:
1. FUEL: You get more FUEL and SUPPLY at-start, particularly at Truk, Saigon, and other key places
2. WARSHIPS: You get more DDs early (4 more at-start), plus more in the queue; about 6-8 extra in 1942, and a whole Shimakaze-class later in 1943/44. You also get 3 extra AGANOs in the queue. You have to pay for all this of course with HI.
3. CVs: You don't get ANY extra CVs; however, SHINANO is now a Taiho-class CV, and the CVEs come in with organic airgroups (useful!)
4. AIR: You get lots of extra air units, particularly the IJN AIR is expanded, with more Zeros, Bettys, and other stuff in particular
5. PILOTS: You get more added to the pool every month; this is actually a MINUS, though, as you get more than you really need, and it chews up piles of HI.
6. LCUs: There are lots of extra LCU goodies; primarily, 4 extra divisions in 1942 (4th,5th,and 6th Guards, plus 1st Gds Tank), plus extra PARAS.
7. MERCHANTS: You get more Tankers in the queue
So, you don't really get extra capital ships (unlike, say, Reluctant Admiral), but you get more 2nd-tier stuff accross the board which helps in logistics and staying power.