Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supplying troops in an enemy hex

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supplying troops in an enemy hex Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 12:31:04 PM   
undercovergeek

If i have undersupplied troops in an enemy occupied coastal hex - if i transport some goodies here and unload in the port - do the supplies go to the enemy or will my troops get them?
Post #: 1
RE: Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 12:47:25 PM   
Rainer

If the hex/port your ships are unloading to is in enemy hands the unloading is considered "over the beach" operation (several miles away from the port facilities). "Over the beach" restrictions apply, of course.
In other words - yes, your troops will get whatever can be unloaded. And no supply is stored - it's all consumed as it comes in.

If you supply your troops with transport planes they will also receive the supply. Transport planes supplying your troops in an enemy occupied hex is considered "dropping" of supply (but that wasn't your question).

WitP/AE Devs Fan Boy
1.7.11.23x10 beta
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 2
RE: Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 1:45:20 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

If the hex/port your ships are unloading to is in enemy hands the unloading is considered "over the beach" operation (several miles away from the port facilities). "Over the beach" restrictions apply, of course.
In other words - yes, your troops will get whatever can be unloaded. And no supply is stored - it's all consumed as it comes in.

If you supply your troops with transport planes they will also receive the supply. Transport planes supplying your troops in an enemy occupied hex is considered "dropping" of supply (but that wasn't your question).

so presumably if the minimum supply level for the unit is 1300 and i unload 3000 - will it top itself up to 1300 and ignore the 1700 left and this gets wasted or will it carry 3000 and use it as and when required?

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 3
RE: Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 1:57:14 PM   
michaelm

The supply is distributed over the friendly units in the hex.
Currently the distribution seems to be heavy handed in that the first unit (IIRC) tends to get more of the supply. But the supply should be added to the units, not lost as far as I know.

Future change is to try to spread the supply out more so that the combat units get more than the support units.

[edit]
there is a random amount (up to 1/10) that is lost when supply is unloaded from ship over the beach.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 10/17/2010 2:03:36 PM >

Michael

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 4
RE: Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 2:04:46 PM   
LoBaron

Thanks for the information Michael!

One question: Though the distribution favours the 'first' unit, is it true that potentially the other units can pull supplies from this unit in case
their own stock runs out? Or is supply not redistributed anymore after the units received their share?

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 5
RE: Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 2:27:39 PM   
michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Thanks for the information Michael!

One question: Though the distribution favours the 'first' unit, is it true that potentially the other units can pull supplies from this unit in case
their own stock runs out? Or is supply not redistributed anymore after the units received their share?

There is code to 'borrow' excess supply from friendly units in the same hex during the Supply phase if an unit has supply in excess of twice it's requirements.

If a friendly base is present, then the excess goes back to the base so any unit can then draw from the base. This is how the excessive supplies that are unloaded over the beach into the LCUs are treated, once the enemy base is captured.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 10/17/2010 2:29:26 PM >

Michael

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 6
RE: Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 4:20:09 PM   
Rainer

quote:

supply should be added to the units, not lost as far as I know

I was trying to say there is no supply build up as long as the enemy controls the hex (no storage).

< Message edited by Rainer -- 10/17/2010 4:21:31 PM >

WitP/AE Devs Fan Boy
1.7.11.23x10 beta
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 7
RE: Supplying troops in an enemy hex - 10/17/2010 5:04:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I believe a Corps or Army HQ can also share supply with its subordinates in the same hex.

Honestly, however, I think this is some kind of premordial memory from WITP and may even be a thread myth.

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supplying troops in an enemy hex Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI