Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> PBEM question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM question - 10/12/2010 6:57:06 PM   
falco

Would it be possible when playing PBEM (and LAN etc), for the server to keep a track of victories and losses? I've been playing this in PBEM mode ever since I bought it and I cant help thinking it would be nice to have a record of the outcomes of the battles I've fought (even though my record aint too good!). Also, would be possible to program the server to automatically give a victory to a player whose opponent hasnt responded for a certain amount of time? (eg. 3 or 4 weeks with no file return). I say this because of got a couple of PBEM opponents at bthe moment who, sensing defeat, appear to have simply decided to stop returning files.
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM question - 10/12/2010 7:48:23 PM   
Iain McNeil

It is something we plan to do but at the moment we're building in a user content system to allow you to easily access scenarios designed by other players.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to falco)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM question - 10/18/2010 4:08:28 AM   
Obsolete

quote:

I say this because of got a couple of PBEM opponents at bthe moment who, sensing defeat, appear to have simply decided to stop returning files.
'

LOL, well this was somewhat expected, as I have yet to see any ladder club who doesn't have its fair share of users who tend to disapear when ratings are on the line. On the other hand, nothing seems to ensure that your opponents will show up ON TIME as much as when they are in a position of Major Victory around the horizon :P

Just be grateful you are not playing this game for money, and yes, I've seen ladder clubs try to incorporate cash prizes, and it's caused nothing but more aggrevation.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM question - 10/18/2010 11:25:39 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We don't want to force people to play competitively if they don't want to - hence we don't report MP wins or loses at all currently. When we get the tournament system working it will allow people to opt in to these kind of leagues and scoring.

How to deal with abandoned games is a tough one - we're pretty much constantly trying to come up with tools to allow players to deal with this stuff, rather than have to manually remove games etc. But we also don't want to make it exploitable or penalise people who have to go out of town for a week etc.

It might be a good idea to perhaps add some more tips like "If you don't want to continue a multiplayer game, it's polite to tell your opponent, and then surrender."

But I will make this pledge to you all. It will ALWAYS be free to lose at multiplayer. Otherwise I'd have to find a cardboard box with wifi...

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> PBEM question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI