Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: IJ production mistakes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: IJ production mistakes Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 5:19:43 PM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigred

Thanks for the comments Nomad and FatR. Oddly, I was looking at the AE industrial charts and noticed Miri has a problem. For the newbie, you should note the size=111(189 possible). To me this is indicated 78 damage points @ Miri. Because I was striping supply out the program has not been able to fix the damage. I Hit the industry button then scrolled down looking for trouble. This is the standout.

Actually, Miri has 111 undamaged oil and 189 damaged oil. Miri starts the game at 150(150) so when you took it, an additional 39 oil were damaged. I recommend shipping supply there to get it going. It'll take 6 months, assuming >10k supply the entire time.

Sadly, I am in April42. So I already missed 4 months..talk about a tough deal.

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 5:22:11 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 91
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 7:04:37 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Thanks for the comments Nomad and FatR. Oddly, I was looking at the AE industrial charts and noticed Miri has a problem. For the newbie, you should note the size=111(189 possible). To me this is indicated 78 damage points @ Miri. Because I was striping supply out the program has not been able to fix the damage. I Hit the industry button then scrolled down looking for trouble. This is the standout.

Please pardon me if this has been covered already, but I think it's important enough to reiterate. The number in parenthesis for production (e.g. oil at Miri) means something different than the number in parenthesis for, say an airbase or port size.

In the case of Miri oil production, There are 300 possible, of which 189 have been damaged (the number in parenthesis). The 111 is the number currently in production.

Thus, as Mike points out, it will take you 189 days to repair @ 1,000 supply per point repair. Keep supply >10,000 and it should completely repair in a little over 6 months. Hey, better late than never.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 10/14/2010 7:05:00 PM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 92
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 8:31:07 PM   
bigred

As per Damians suggestion I still need to plan my input on oil/fuel. So this is my next class.

I first looked at my resources and we collectively decided I need to increase resource points to Honshu by roughly 15000 per day. I figured 13000/Damian said 15000 so I was happy my figure was close to his.

My invasion bonus has just ended. I am in 2 heavy engagements (Java/Hilo) and my transports are really overcommitted. I must settle my perimeter at the same time as I plan my convoy routes. When I started the game I was so confused over what to do I ordered all extra transports to Tokyo, let the resources build up so I could see a trend, looked at the port sizes of the beginning/ending ports of interest, then built convoys talor made for the required locations insuring as I construced the convoys that all the ships in each convoy had the same load capacity and could dock at the said port. Some ports did recieve engineers to increase the size. This plan did work so good I overstripped some locations and had to shut down some convoy routes. Now my empire has expanded so I must look at the new options available.

I suspect a goodly bit of these resources will come from the SRA.

As of April I have lost 2 tankers. My plan is to first see where all my tankers are located(this will be classified secret, sorry). Then I will calculate how much oil is being produced.
Priority #1.
Then the question will become what is the most efficent metod of transport from SRA to Honsho for Oil. I will gain look at the port size of all the tankers to structure a plan.
Combat resupply missions will take second position to this priority.
Priority #2.
If I have any tankers unused for the Oil mission then these will be used for fuel transport but the first objective is movement of all oil to the Home Islands.
Of course there are exceptions to every rule( the KB runs out of Gas).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 9:28:55 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 93
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 8:55:15 PM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Djordje

When you have large quantities of fuel at a base and port is too small, solution might be disbanding some ships in the port nearby (Palembang- Oosthaven for example). Ships in port increase base fuel demand so you will be able to load fuel at two places. It only works for fuel, you can't influence flow of oil and resources that way.
Increasing port size and putting important HQ like Southern Army is the only way to influence flow of oil and resources.

In china I moved the North China Army Hq up past Sian to support northern ops. In the center likewise I moved the China army HQ to Ichang to support ops. I have had a drop in resources at Port Arthur and Shanghia. Could the movement of these HQs have effected resource movement??? I could move the Kwangtung Army HQ to port Arthur to see what happens. When u take an enemy city the city falls under the control of the army/navy HQ w/the largest occuppying AV. I would bet when the HQ is located in a major port all resources from the conqured cities flows to these HQs.

Hypothesis:

My guess is based on the premise that is the same as when a TF belonging to 4thfleet has a button to allow it to return to the city where the 4th fleet is located. If u move the 4th fleet Hq then the selection changes to a new base location. Same logic for oil and resources.

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 9:03:36 PM >

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 94
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 9:13:26 PM   
bigred

I would have thought Urumchi would belong to North China Army. I guess NCA is subordinate to China Area HQ.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 9:14:25 PM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 95
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 9:51:55 PM   
bigred

Mention was made earlier in this thread of a need to increase Ha-32 engines. Note from this screenprint that all produced engines are going to a tread increase in the reserve pool of betties. The question becomes:
A. Do I have plenty of reserve betties and therefor stop production temporarily?
B. Do the other planes that use the Ha32 need more engines?
C. Should I increase the Ha32 production?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 9:53:59 PM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 96
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 9:59:05 PM   
bigred

Another mistake. early in the game I had a reserve of 80 nells. So I stopped production. But I did not stop production of the Ha33 engine which seems to be used by theNell, Val,Jake and Mavis. So now I have an overage of the Ha33. Hummm. More newbie errors or should I increas the Mavis/Val production?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 10:06:12 PM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 97
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 10:20:11 PM   
bigred

This engine also may need to be stopped. I already stopped claude, Nate production.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 10:24:16 PM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 98
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 10:51:14 PM   
Amoral

The next model of the Nell comes with radar, so you will want to turn Nell production back on at that time. When you do it will be nice to have a pool of Ha-33 to draw on.

The kotubuki engine should be stopped. It only powers obsolete airplanes. The same applies to the Amikaze, Hikari and both Early engines.

I can also see from your tracker screenshot that you are building Ha-5 engines, but not building any planes that use it. The Sally-IC (level bomber) and Sally MC-21 (transport) are both good planes that use that engine.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 99
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 10:55:32 PM   
bigred

FYI John. I have 219 zeros destroyed as of 8april42. However tracker reports 65KIA/MIA Zero pilots. Zero Pilot loss rate is 29%.

P40B/E planes destroyed 300 exactly. No data on pilots.

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 11:52:27 PM >

(in reply to Amoral)
Post #: 100
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 10:57:02 PM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amoral

The next model of the Nell comes with radar, so you will want to turn Nell production back on at that time. When you do it will be nice to have a pool of Ha-33 to draw on.

The kotubuki engine should be stopped. It only powers obsolete airplanes. The same applies to the Amikaze, Hikari and both Early engines.

I can also see from your tracker screenshot that you are building Ha-5 engines, but not building any planes that use it. The Sally-IC (level bomber) and Sally MC-21 (transport) are both good planes that use that engine.

Thanks Amoral. Good eyeballs!! Funny you mentioned the Sally. I was just looking at the Sally in tracker in favor of the Lilly which has an armor rating of 1. Yes, mayby just increase the Lilly production. I noticed on tracker that the Sally carries a 3000lb bomb/transport load as the Lilly/Thalia is at 2200 lbs.
A. The Sally has a better load(50%greater load)
and range(10% greater) CARRING 4x250kg bombs, durability=40.
B. The LillyIIA has an armor rating of 1, carries 4x100kg,durability=32 and just started production.
C. Might be better to shut off the HA 5.
d. Increase the production run on the Lilly w/ corresponding increase on Ha 35 engines.
E. DIVE OR GLIDE. The Lilly in the 43 version becomes a dive bomber. So at 10 to 14k you can dive or at 15 to 19 you can glide on your enemy. At 20k you just level bomb him. Dont remember what a DB does under 10k.

What u think? Personally I would bet the armor rating will have a dramatic effect on servivability later as the allied fighters improve. Probably better to have a plane that can penatrate than nothing at all, so the question is:

1. Is it better to have the big bomb load of the Sally or the armor of the Lilly?
2. What is the effect of an armor rating specifically(mathmatically)?

For transport I was looking at the Thalia w/ the same engine Ha 35 as the Zero.
a. The Thalia is already in production easier to increase production.
b. To start Sally trans production I would need to convert a factory.

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/14/2010 11:44:44 PM >

(in reply to Amoral)
Post #: 101
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/14/2010 11:58:51 PM   
bigred

Well, so much for priorities. this is a view of my current tanker missions. Note most are on fuel transport duty. So I wonder if I have a serious issue w/ my tankers being used to fuel fleet ops.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/15/2010 12:05:34 AM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 102
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 12:22:31 AM   
bigred

So next I look at my oil consumption in honshu. the average decline from turn 102 to 126 is 136660 oil points/24 days is=
-5691 per day.

So roughly I need 6000 per day 42000 extra per week transported into Honshu to stabilize the oil situation.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/15/2010 12:28:56 AM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 103
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 12:54:54 AM   
bigred

If I get all the oil in the SRA I will still be short -4000 oil per day for Honshu. So I figure at some point I will need to shut down refineries and save oil. This issue indicates a need for me to possibly plan for the transport of fuel from the SRA to the fleet and also to Honshu.

I wonder how much of the oil is refined into fuel and how much of the oil is used for industrial production on a daily basis?

I hope alot of oil useage is fuel and notmuch is industrial.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/15/2010 1:17:41 AM >

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 104
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 1:04:45 AM   
Nomad

Nope, multiply the repaired oil centers by 10. So when you repair Miri and Balikapapen you will have 260 * 10 = 2600 more oil per day.

Don't ask me any questions, apparently I know nothing about WitP:AE

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 105
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 1:18:59 AM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Nope, multiply the repaired oil centers by 10. So when you repair Miri and Balikapapen you will have 260 * 10 = 2600 more oil per day.

Good that helps. So instead of a -4400 I get a -1800 per day. Maybe Medan and Java will make the difference. On with the attack. What a logistics nightmare.

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/15/2010 1:21:03 AM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 106
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 1:38:49 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

Good that helps. So instead of a -4400 I get a -1800 per day. Maybe Medan and Java will make the difference. On with the attack. What a logistics nightmare.

You also have Anshan, Sian, Djambi etc to repair ...

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 107
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 1:43:25 AM   
bigred

Damien gave me a look and sent me this nice email which he gave me permission to place on the thread.

quote:

Paul,
couple of things to add to what I said on forum.

1. Increase those port sizes as soon as possible from where you are loading offloading raw materials. Try to have some Naval support there as well.
2. You have loads of CS convoys at various ports not docking and some idle (bug I've seen before). You need to streamline your convoys and not have such a bottle neck at these ports.
A little of this I'm unsure about because I've not done great testing in this area but I think you'll find this loading inefficient when you have multi-Tf's drawing load points. Better to have one or two docked than none. Maximise TF efficiency with same size ships and max port size docking limits + Naval Support.
3. Muroran and Sapporo are not drawing enough fuel, this can be achieved by disbanding some shipping here and you'll also need to top up Hokkaido.
4. Fuel and Res are your priority to the Home Is. Oil is secondary. You need to be an importer of Fuel by at least 6~7 k a day because of shipping needs.
Repairing Miri's oil is a good idea, but remember your cargo loading capacity. A level port 2 = 6250 load points. Naval support and maximising the port size increases this. But you are limited by docking size of the TF/ ship composition. Balikpapan is similar.
5. By repairing all the oil C, you should be just about right; you're down 4000 / day; by repairing all the oil 390 * 10 = 3900. And that is without all of Java. The problem is shipping it. But remember you have a large stockpile of Oil; this is something that can be ridden down slowly.
6. Supplies on the Honshu are ok for now, but because you need to look at you engine and airframes which I'll do later ... you're going to use a bit of that. This will need a little changing and planning I'm afraid.
You have engine factories idle or never going to be used again; change them. You are down on a number of models; some of which are at levels where planes are not being produced. I see you notice them too... ;-)
Sorry ~ not enough time right now to do a detailed analysis about this, but tonight I'm free and will say more.

Q. Why are you shipping Res from Hong Kong to Takao ?

You can post this on the forum if you wish ...
Cheers and hope this helps a little.
Damian

< Message edited by bigred -- 10/21/2010 10:41:43 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 108
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 1:54:51 AM   
Djordje

quote:

quote:

When you have large quantities of fuel at a base and port is too small, solution might be disbanding some ships in the port nearby (Palembang- Oosthaven for example). Ships in port increase base fuel demand so you will be able to load fuel at two places. It only works for fuel, you can't influence flow of oil and resources that way.
Increasing port size and putting important HQ like Southern Army is the only way to influence flow of oil and resources.

Wow, Southern Army attracks oil. What if you put the southern army at CamRanh Bay?
Would the resources at Singers move back to indochina? This would save 3 days on the convoy trips. Also for tactical purposes Southern army can provide an attack modifier to amy attacking army w/in 18 hexs. Later I planned to take SArmy to burma, but now I dont know.

It should, but it won't be as fast and as predictable as you might think. Note that rail link is broken in Thailand which slows the flow down.
There were some people reporting that once they cleared whole railroad network in middle China, together with joining major roads that oil and resources started finding their way all the way up to Port Arthur. I have not yet been able to clear China in my games but if that is really the case it makes things much easier for Japan... And pure fantasy when compared to reality.

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 109
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 1:55:13 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

If I get all the oil in the SRA I will still be short -4000 oil per day for Honshu. So I figure at some point I will need to shut down refineries and save oil. This issue indicates a need for me to possibly plan for the transport of fuel from the SRA to the fleet and also to Honshu.

I wonder how much of the oil is refined into fuel and how much of the oil is used for industrial production on a daily basis?

I hope alot of oil useage is fuel and notmuch is industrial.

Using more oil than you get is never going to change. You have an excess of refineries from day one. Just keep refining oil into fuel. Keep in mind that when your oil surplus is gone, your refineries will not work at 100% capacity any more and your fuel and supply production will decrease.

10 oil get refined to 9 fuel and 1 supply. The only use for oil is to get refined. Heavy Industry uses fuel and resources. Light industry uses only resources.

Your decision is whether to use that fuel in your ships or your HI. Tough decision.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 110
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 2:30:45 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

Repairing Miri's oil is a good idea, but remember your cargo loading capacity. A level port 2 = 6250 load points. Naval support and maximising the port size increases this. But you are limited by docking size of the TF/ ship composition. Balikpapan is similar.

You start the war with 2 BFs in Japan that come with Naval Support. I send both to Miri along with some engineers to expand the port to max size 3(0). I use two CS convoys of the small TKs (Capacity 1250) with about 5 TKs each and small PB/SC to and from Singapore. As an alternative is to build up Brunei and base some unused ships here to pull more fule into theis large port and use it vs Mirir to move Fuel and Oil.

Palembang can only get to size 4 port (48,000 capacity). I tend to send a large BF which has 120 Naval Support here and to my other large oil/fuel centers to speed up loading. I run two more CS convoys to and from Singapore using the 7950 capacity TKs with PB/SC.

Singapore with its large port size will expedite your loading of oil/fuel. For some reason the oil/fuel from Burma comes here (maybe having the Southern HQ) helps.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 111
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 2:58:16 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow, Southern Army attracks oil. What if you put the southern army at CamRanh Bay?
Would the resources at Singers move back to indochina? This would save 3 days on the convoy trips. Also for tactical purposes Southern army can provide an attack modifier to amy attacking army w/in 18 hexs. Later I planned to take SArmy to burma, but now I dont know.

It should, but it won't be as fast and as predictable as you might think. Note that rail link is broken in Thailand which slows the flow down.
There were some people reporting that once they cleared whole railroad network in middle China, together with joining major roads that oil and resources started finding their way all the way up to Port Arthur. I have not yet been able to clear China in my games but if that is really the case it makes things much easier for Japan... And pure fantasy when compared to reality.

Excellent point & what I'd do if I had time to play

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 112
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 3:01:36 AM   
Djordje

quote:

quote:

In china I moved the North China Army Hq up past Sian to support northern ops. In the center likewise I moved the China army HQ to Ichang to support ops. I have had a drop in resources at Port Arthur and Shanghia. Could the movement of these HQs have effected resource movement??? I could move the Kwangtung Army HQ to port Arthur to see what happens. When u take an enemy city the city falls under the control of the army/navy HQ w/the largest occuppying AV. I would bet when the HQ is located in a major port all resources from the conqured cities flows to these HQs.

Hypothesis:

My guess is based on the premise that is the same as when a TF belonging to 4thfleet has a button to allow it to return to the city where the 4th fleet is located. If u move the 4th fleet Hq then the selection changes to a new base location. Same logic for oil and resources.

So many questions in this thread, I'll try to answer at least some of them:

- While major HQ pulls stuff, one even more important thing is that base has to have a port... and port should be a large one. Since you have moved your HQs inland I doubt they have pulled oil and resources with them. You can check that easily, just look at stockpiles at their current locations.
How big was drop at Port Arthur that you mentioned? Maybe you were loading resources at some port in the area and you drained it for local resources, which got replenished from Port Arthur? All bases with industry try to stockpile some reserves for future production, don't know the exact ratio but it might be something like enough to cover 10 days of production. If you load those reserves on ships AI will try to bring them in again from nearby location where there is excess.
In general resources in Port Arthur should rise steadily, you should be able to lift at least 150k resources every week or so.

- Next thing, Amoral mentioned G3M3 Nell with radar in 42/5. Actually that is a common mistake by players, that radar becomes operational in 44/6. However even without that radar I consider G3M3 to be superior to G4M1 Betty so here is how I produce them:
41/12 - producing G4M1, G3M2 stopped but factory not converted, waiting for 42/5
42/5 - converting G3M2 to G3M3 (should happen automatically, you can do it manually once May starts for no cost) and starting its production, stopping G4M1
44/1 - stopping G3M3 and converting those factories to something else, starting G4M2 production

- Engines: ha-32 and ha-33 are somewhat linked, because various planes that replace each other switch from one engine to another during several years. Depending on your choice of aircraft numbers might differ, so best thing to do is go to Air Production tab in tracker, select Engines tab and then click on Planning. Click on each engine that interests you and sort planes that use it by availability date. That you give you general idea what to expect in months to come. To answer another question, by producing ha-33 when Nell production was stopped you did not waste anything as you will surely use those engines in the future (Emily needs 4 of them per plane for example)

- Stop Nakajima Kotobuki. Don't change factory to anything yet, wait for the time when you need to increase production of one of your engines and then see if you should maybe convert those that you stopped instead of increasing production in existing ones.

- Zero losses: So far most of the losses were surely operational losses. When those happen over friendly territory pilots have quite high chance of survival. Once the fight intensifies percentage of killed pilots will unfortunately rise...

- IJA bombers: Forget Ki-48 Lily, you need larger bombs and bombload. I suggest producing Ki-21 Sally until 42/9 when Ki-49 Helen with armor becomes available, then you should convert Sally to Helen and produce only Helen from that point onwards. There is one Helen version in 42/4 as well, it has 1 hex shorter range than Sally and in every category seem to be worse plane than Sally, except for slightly better defensive armament which is irrelevant.
For some reason in my PBEM I have switched Sally to that version of Helen on 42/4 and I see now it was mistake. Oh well.
Note that Helen needs its own engine, which no other plane in the game uses.

- Oil: I don't think Japanese player can ever bring enough oil back to HI to keep refineries 100% busy, so oil level will keep dropping since everything you bring in will be used and then some. However, that is not the end of the world, as industry needs fuel to work, not oil, so as long as you bring enough fuel from DEI you should be ok. Japanese players in general ship fuel first, only when DEI bases are sucked dry of fuel they start moving some oil back to Japan. Never shut down refineries, they don't cost anything but oil. When I think of it I don't think you can even shut them down at all.
As for the answer on how much oil is converted into fuel go to Industry screen in tracker, then select Witp Chart tab. In the upper right corner of the chart is oil, numbers you see there are from your actual game. Look for circle with Fuel +/- in it, that's the net result before fleet consumption.

- Few more things:
1. Watch for port capacity, never use TF that is larger than the port you use can support.
Sizes per port level: (Manual page 109)
1 - 9000
2 - 12000
3 - 24000
4 - 48000
5 - 60000
6 - 84000
7 - 104000
8 - 128000
9 - 172000
10 - 196000
When forming TF first select escorts, then fill it with transports until you get close to desired TF size for your target port. This limit suggest that two ports that have convoy between them should be of the same size to maximize efficiency.

2. There is some automatic daily transfer of every 4 resources (supplies, resources, fuel, oil) between two adjacent ports (Manual page 212). It is 500 x size of smaller port for supplies and resources and 100 x size of smaller port for fuel and oil. Therefore you should build some of the important bases up. If for example you build Tsushima to port size 4 (its maximum) you will connect Fusan in Korea with Japan and 2000 supplies and resources and 500 oil and fuel will flow in every day (not sure about Fusan port size at start of the game, if it is smaller than 4 it should also be increased to at least 4 (increasing it to its SPS maximum might bring in additional resources and oil which is handy since Japan in just 2 hexes away). The other good place for this is Ominato - Hakkodate link, it is even more important to increase these 2 ports to level 7. I also try to increase ports on Shikoku that have contact with bases on Honshu and Kyushu.

There are probably dozens of things I currently can't remember but for now this wall of text will have to do...

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 113
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 3:14:45 AM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

You start the war with 2 BFs in Japan that come with Naval Support. I send both to Miri along with some engineers to expand the port to max size 3(0). I use two CS convoys of the small TKs (Capacity 1250) with about 5 TKs each and small PB/SC to and from Singapore. As an alternative is to build up Brunei and base some unused ships here to pull more fule into theis large port and use it vs Mirir to move Fuel and Oil.

Palembang can only get to size 4 port (48,000 capacity). I tend to send a large BF which has 120 Naval Support here and to my other large oil/fuel centers to speed up loading. I run two more CS convoys to and from Singapore using the 7950 capacity TKs with PB/SC.

Singapore with its large port size will expedite your loading of oil/fuel. For some reason the oil/fuel from Burma comes here (maybe having the Southern HQ) helps.

According to the manual, Naval Support only helps load/unload troops and cargo. They are not supposed to help loading fuel or oil.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 114
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 3:22:38 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

According to the manual, Naval Support only helps load/unload troops and cargo. They are not supposed to help loading fuel or oil.

I'm not sure here too ... because the manual is ambiguous on this point for me. I thought it meant refuelling was not effected by NS ??

quote:

Djordje: 2. There is some automatic daily transfer of every 4 resources (supplies, resources, fuel, oil) between two adjacent ports (Manual page 212). It is 500 x size of smaller port for supplies and resources and 100 x size of smaller port for fuel and oil. Therefore you should build some of the important bases up. If for example you build Tsushima to port size 4 (its maximum) you will connect Fusan in Korea with Japan and 2000 supplies and resources and 500 oil and fuel will flow in every day (not sure about Fusan port size at start of the game, if it is smaller than 4 it should also be increased to at least 4 (increasing it to its SPS maximum might bring in additional resources and oil which is handy since Japan in just 2 hexes away). The other good place for this is Ominato - Hakkodate link, it is even more important to increase these 2 ports to level 7. I also try to increase ports on Shikoku that have contact with bases on Honshu and Kyushu.

Forgot to mention this to BigRed ... thanks Djordje

Edit: but I thought the Ominato - Hakkodate link doesn't work ??

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 10/15/2010 4:04:17 AM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 115
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 3:23:08 AM   
Nomad

quote:

[snip]
2. There is some automatic daily transfer of every 4 resources (supplies, resources, fuel, oil) between two adjacent ports (Manual page 212). It is 500 x size of smaller port for supplies and resources and 100 x size of smaller port for fuel and oil. Therefore you should build some of the important bases up. If for example you build Tsushima to port size 4 (its maximum) you will connect Fusan in Korea with Japan and 2000 supplies and resources and 500 oil and fuel will flow in every day (not sure about Fusan port size at start of the game, if it is smaller than 4 it should also be increased to at least 4 (increasing it to its SPS maximum might bring in additional resources and oil which is handy since Japan in just 2 hexes away). The other good place for this is Ominato - Hakkodate link, it is even more important to increase these 2 ports to level 7. I also try to increase ports on Shikoku that have contact with bases on Honshu and Kyushu.

There are probably dozens of things I currently can't remember but for now this wall of text will have to do...

Ominato and Hakkodate are not adjacent movement wise. Nothing will flow between those ports. Notice the red hex side in the picture.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 116
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 4:04:49 AM   
Djordje

quote:

Ominato and Hakkodate are not adjacent movement wise. Nothing will flow between those ports. Notice the red hex side in the picture.

You are right Nomad, I never turned hexside details in home islands for some reason.
Even though nothing will flow it is still good idea to increase those ports to 7 to allow for larger CS convoys. It appears that Hokaido resources pile up 2/3 at Hakodate and 1/3 at Sapporo (at least in my game).

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 117
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 4:08:48 AM   
Mynok

Is it 100% certain it will not flow? In Witp, small amounts would flow between adjacent ports of sufficient size (3 I believe?), whether land movement could happen or not.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 118
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 5:07:22 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

quote:

[snip]

That's not a big deal. One CS convoy between those two ports with ~8 or so xAKs and it'll keep Hakodate empty.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 119
RE: IJ production mistakes - 10/15/2010 5:14:12 AM   
Nomad

removed

< Message edited by Nomad -- 10/15/2010 12:00:39 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: IJ production mistakes Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI