Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Renewed interest

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Renewed interest Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Renewed interest - 10/9/2010 2:47:05 PM   
kingwanabee

I passed on this game when it first came out due to it's lackluster reception by many people. I've been following a thread at The Wargamer about Armada with the 1.4 patch, and now my interest is aroused. I'm a sucker for these space 4x games!

Two questions:

1) I've seen mention of an expansion. What is that about and when is it expected?
2) Impulse and Gamersgate both sell the game for $29.99. Matrix sells it for $39.99. I love to buy from Matrix, but hey, $10 is $10! Any chance of a price reduction?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Renewed interest - 10/11/2010 6:12:27 PM   
kingwanabee

LOL! Well I guess the renewed interest is mine alone! No response on the pricing, Matrix? I'm close to pulling the trigger on this with Impulse.

(in reply to kingwanabee)
Post #: 2
RE: Renewed interest - 10/11/2010 7:09:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingwanabee
Matrix, but hey, $10 is $10! Any chance of a price reduction?

Yes, there is a chance, let me double-check this with the developer.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 3
RE: Renewed interest - 10/11/2010 8:56:59 PM   
martok

Hey kingwanabee. Glad to see my thread has sparked your curiosity about the game.

In regards to the expansion, R.T. Smith (Ntronium's lead developer) has said he hopes to have it released sometime by the end of the year.

As far as what's in it, this thread covers the majority of new features being added, and this thread specifically discusses the new trade system they're planning on implementing. There are other threads in the forum as well discussing the expansion, but those two cover the bulk of "new stuff".

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Post #: 4
RE: Renewed interest - 10/12/2010 2:43:56 AM   
sabre1

Martok, is this game easier to pick up than DW? I still haven't gotten into DW, probably just me not spending enough time with the game.

I do like combat though and did read your posts about combat.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 5
RE: Renewed interest - 10/12/2010 7:08:48 AM   
martok

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Martok, is this game easier to pick up than DW? I still haven't gotten into DW, probably just me not spending enough time with the game.

Yes, I'd say Armada 2526 is definitely easier to learn & play than Distant Worlds.

I too feel like I've not fully mastered DW (although I do like it); there's just so much....stuff to do in that game, that it gets overwhelming. Armada, on the other hand, is a relative snap to learn -- the mechanics & gameplay are generally simpler, and the UI is much more intuitive and easier to grasp.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

I do like combat though and did read your posts about combat.

Yeah, it's not great. Of course, combat in Distant Worlds isn't exactly stellar either (no pun intended ), but it is still better than Armada's IMHO.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 6
RE: Renewed interest - 10/12/2010 3:49:19 PM   
kingwanabee

Martok, thanks for your reply. Your views on the game posted at the Wargamer have pretty much sold me on this title. The only question is where will I buy it? I hope to see a response from Eric today about pricing, as I prefer to shop Matrix whenever possible.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 7
RE: Renewed interest - 10/13/2010 2:12:31 AM   
sabre1

Yep Martok, I will start saving my pennies for this title. Thanks for all your posts here and at the other site.

Post #: 8
RE: Renewed interest - 10/13/2010 6:29:39 PM   
kingwanabee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, there is a chance, let me double-check this with the developer.

Regards,

- Erik

So what's the verdict here?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Renewed interest - 10/13/2010 7:02:41 PM   
ZeroSum

My advice is pay the extra $10 and know that when a new patch is made available you don't have to wait for the other digital download sites to update the patch.

I always try to purchase from as close to the source as possible to avoid patch delays.

-ZeroSum

< Message edited by ZeroSum -- 10/13/2010 7:07:27 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Renewed interest - 10/13/2010 9:15:30 PM   
martok

@kingwanabee & sabre1: You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZeroSum

My advice is pay the extra $10 and know that when a new patch is made available you don't have to wait for the other digital download sites to update the patch.

I always try to purchase from as close to the source as possible to avoid patch delays.

-ZeroSum

That's actually a fairly good point. I've noticed Armada's patches on Impulse and Gamersgate are typically several days behind when it's available here.

Plus, by purchasing the game directly through Matrix, you get access to the beta patches as well (which is what I was playing with -- 1.400 beta -- when I first started the thread over at the Wargamer).

I certainly understand wanting to save $10.00, though. I personally don't mind paying the extra money for games like this, especially since it means it all goes directly to Matrix (whereas they only a get a certain percentage of the sales from DD sites), but that's just my own preference.

(in reply to ZeroSum)
Post #: 11
RE: Renewed interest - 10/14/2010 3:12:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your patience. I heard back from Bob and we will be reducing the price today.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 12
RE: Renewed interest - 10/14/2010 6:42:03 PM   
martok

Nice! So is this going to be a sale, or a permanent price drop? And (since you know someone will ask if I don't) is the price decrease for the DD version only?

< Message edited by martok -- 10/14/2010 6:44:25 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Renewed interest - 10/14/2010 10:16:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

The price reduction is now live. It's a permanent price reduction which puts the new Download price at $29.99 and the new Physical price at $39.99. Have a look at our site front page.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 14
RE: Renewed interest - 10/14/2010 10:28:50 PM   
martok

Outstanding news! Thanks, Erik.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Renewed interest Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI