Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Weapons Data

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Weapons Data Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Weapons Data - 3/27/2013 9:34:34 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Remember this that the bigger the radius the more spread out the shell weight is. Try reducing the radius to 50m with that 10000 shell weight and see the difference.

Also bear this in mind, that the effect varies directly with the overlap between the units occupied area and the bombardment zone. Let's say that an arty unit has a BZ of 300 x 300m and the target unit an area of 300 x 200 but they overlap is only 100 x 100m, then you have only 1/6th of the unit's occupied area and 1/6th of its personnel, vehicles and guns in the BZ. Moreover, you only have 1/9th of the BZs shell weight impacting the target.

Thanks! That clears some things up for me as well.

RockinHarry in the web:

http://www.myspace.com/rockinharryz
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockinharryz
https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 31
RE: Weapons Data - 4/12/2013 2:04:07 PM   
dholedays

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Central Blue,

Re burst radius. By and large if we do not have specific data on a given weapons burst radius, we use the table within Dupey's "Numbers, Preictions and War". So if you have specific sources, feel free to use these.

Okay, I definitely have to get a hold of that book now :P

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 32
RE: Weapons Data - 4/18/2013 9:16:22 PM   
Perturabo

Does calibre have any influence on damage done by shells?

By the way, I have noticed that direct-firing 1000 of "300kg" shells with burst radius of 35 and a 200 of "900kg" rockets with burst radius of 50 from range of a few hundreds of meters does miniscule damage against enemy infantry - with about 35 enemies killed during test.

Similar with indirect fire - firing 2000 "240kg" shells with burst radius of 35m against two infantry companies results in about 25kills or less (which happens pretty consistently during tests).

Was fire of even heaviest guns really that ineffective as a means of destroying infantry or is that a case of damage not scaling up well with heaviest guns (like 38cm, 240mms, etc.)?

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to dholedays)
Post #: 33
RE: Weapons Data - 4/18/2013 11:19:17 PM   
jimcarravallah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

. . .

Calibre is the measure of the shell diameter.

The larger the diameter the more possible space to pack a damage capability into a shell, but the actual damage is more dependent on what the shell is designed to do.

Here's a discussion of how shell designs cause damage to their targets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_(projectile)

Keep in mind that some of the technologies discussed in the article (particularly guided weaponry and some forms of high velocity anti-tank rounds) did not exist in the era that Command Ops models with its currently released Estabs.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 34
RE: Weapons Data - 4/18/2013 11:49:08 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimcarravallah

quote:

. . .

The larger the diameter the more possible space to pack a damage capability into a shell, but the actual damage is more dependent on what the shell is designed to do.

I meant in game.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to jimcarravallah)
Post #: 35
RE: Weapons Data - 4/19/2013 1:32:19 AM   
jimcarravallah

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimcarravallah

quote:

. . .

I meant in game.

Well, since the game attempts to model the reality of battle, the answer would be "no."

You can review what I offered as background on that reality to find out why.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 36
RE: Weapons Data - 10/23/2013 4:34:40 PM   
zwobot

Does anyone else have the problem that the "Load" field is not accessible in the performance tab? It just won't fit on the screen and is not ready for input in the first place as far as I can tell.

(in reply to Franklin Nimitz)
Post #: 37
RE: Weapons Data - 10/23/2013 7:18:07 PM   
jimcarravallah

quote:

ORIGINAL: zwobot

Does anyone else have the problem that the "Load" field is not accessible in the performance tab? It just won't fit on the screen and is not ready for input in the first place as far as I can tell.

I can't speak to the specific technical issues for handling the graphical user interface (GUI), but know there have been issues (including what affects my desktop computer) with the display of data using windows fonts. The issue revolves around Microsoft's desire to seamlessly migrate Windows XP data displays when it decided to market its Win 7, and later Win 8 "enhancements."

Take care,

jim

(in reply to zwobot)
Post #: 38
RE: Weapons Data - 10/29/2013 1:35:20 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: zwobot

It happened in some previous patch and then was fixed by the newest patch.

(in reply to zwobot)
Post #: 39
RE: Weapons Data - 11/19/2013 5:13:41 PM   
nepejke

anyone knows whats mean armaments tab in weapon data? If I edit weapon and add new weapon in this armaments tab, it will works?

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 40
RE: Weapons Data - 11/20/2013 12:31:22 PM   
jimcarravallah

quote:

ORIGINAL: nepejke

anyone knows whats mean armaments tab in weapon data? If I edit weapon and add new weapon in this armaments tab, it will works?

Armaments are defined as secondary weapons installed as part of a combat system.

The Estab Editor manual (pg. 21 from the Estab manual linked to the welcome screen) says that the armaments tab under "Weapons" is less likely to be used than the tab under "Vehicles."

Take care,

jim

(in reply to nepejke)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Weapons Data Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI