We have put this update in to the Members Club as a Public Beta. Please give it a try before we make it Official. It includes a new race, and a random opponent race feature, plus a number of fixes and other improvements, see change list below.
This is a Beta version, so please give us any feedback you may have, so it can be addressed it for the official release.
You will need to create a Members Club account and Register your Game to download this update, if you haven't already.
v188.8.131.52 – September 28, 2010
- Gray Order
- A new race and faction, The Gray Order, have been added. They have the special ability to convert other races to their own. They can also convert population on planets they don’t own by infecting them with a special virus.
Eight new ship models have been added for them.
- Random Faction Selection
- Factions can be set to be randomly chosen when setting up a custom game.
- Minor Improvements
- All text localized.
- AI can create space stations
- AI can found colonies if it doesn't have a planet
- AI Raid plan. Mainly used by Unn Pirates, that now behave sensibly.
- AI considers range extension benefits when choosing colonies. Can found colonies purely to increase range
- AI moves base ships to facilitate exploration and attack
- Better AI for choosing colony attack options
- New AI algorithm for building defenses. Builds many more defenses
- AI Colonization limited on easy mode
- Reduced infection rates and unpopularity due to infections
- Increased effectiveness of infection counter-measures
- AI To make contamination attacks
- Can choose what agents to contaminate with.
- Adjusted VP multipliers
- Improved tech vp calculation
- AI deletes unneeded research centers
- AI will research terraforming
- AI maintains a treasury reserve
- Added display of turn limit to scenario description and turn display tool tip
- AI removes polluting buildings to cure unrest
- AI reduces excess defenses
- Tweaked AI fondness for rich and poor planets
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed problem with delete game button not working.
- Fixed slowdown problem in battles.
- Fixed bug loading a game from front end when another game had been played
- Mods won't crash if no militia types
- Fixed bug updating star map names before battle
- Escape key ignored during deployment
- Fixed bug that caused attacking ships to move slowly sometimes
- Fixed bug with Tutorial and Rim scenarios changing default faction capabilities
- Fixed bug with finish button not working on victory screen
- Fixed bug with sound quality inversion
- Fixed various spelling mistakes
- Fixed problem when sometimes AI won't start new tech
- Fixed problem with auto transports not transporting when AI expects player to colonize
- Fixed bug in calculation of fleet ETAs on tool tips
- Fixed bug using designer maps larger than 300 x 300
- Fixed occasional crash opening colony window