1. Download and install Gameranger. GameRanger runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X.
2. Create a new free account. GameRanger will prompt you to create a new GameRanger account or use an existing one, and you will need to enter your valid e-mail address. You should use the address your friends are most likely to know.
3. Activate your account and log in. Within minutes you should receive a confirmation e-mail to activate your GameRanger account. If it's not in your inbox, try looking in your junk folder, and mark it as a trusted-sender, or "not spam." Adding the sender to your address book is also a good idea.
4. Invite your friends. Under the Community menu, there are various options to invite your friends to try GameRanger. You can also search to see if they already have GameRanger accounts.
5. Host or Join a game. To join an existing game, select a game room from the list and click Join Game. If the game room has a green dot next to it, then it is already playing. Some games do not allow you to join if they have already started. Alternatively, you can create a new game by clicking Host Game.
Supported Close Combat Platforms
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
Close Combat: The Longest Day
Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein
Close Combat I
Close Combat I - Demo
Close Combat II - A Bridge Too Far
Close Combat II - A Bridge Too Far Demo
Close Combat III - The Russian Front
Close Combat III - The Russian Front Demo
Close Combat IV - Battle of the Bulge
Close Combat IV - Battle of the Bulge Demo
Close Combat V - Invasion Normandy
Close Combat V - Invasion Normandy Demo
*GameRanger will autolaunch and autoconnect you and your opponent without any special firewall configuring
- If the game launches and simple stops at the main menu, or multiplayer screen and does not advance, close Close Combat and attempt to reconnect.
- GameRanger does not require you to open any ports on your firewall, the passage of data from one PC to the next is all handled by GameRanger.
- When hosting a game in GameRanger, you cannot manually start the game.
Firewall Settings for Manual Connections
For Close Combat 1 through 5, including Cross of Iron and Modern Tactics;
- Open the port range 2300-2400 for TCP
- Open port 47624 for TCP
For Last Stand Arnhem, Wacht Am Rhein and The Longest Day;
- Open ports 6073 and 47624 for TCP
The Close Combat Series Hamachi networks will be closing for good October 29th 2010. Closecombatseries.net will be closing down the website on October 30th and 31st to promote the official change to GameRanger. Please join the community for at GameRanger on those dates for the official change over and get together.