Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Avoiding war/ally messages...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Avoiding war/ally messages... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avoiding war/ally messages... - 9/27/2010 11:15:43 PM   
Kwik E Mart

...at the beginning of each phase - is there any way to do it? I spend several key strokes cycling thru all the messages before each phase...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 1
RE: Avoiding war/ally messages... - 9/28/2010 3:55:46 PM   
Yearworld

I would also like to know this! Drives me crazy and hurts when trying to figure out what has happened lately.

Yearworld

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 2
RE: Avoiding war/ally messages... - 9/30/2010 2:22:16 AM   
Dancing Bear

I used to have this problem as well. It was some time ago, but I think I got rid of it when I erased the contents of the game log. I can't quite recall how to do this, but you click on the smaller log box and I think you can do it from there.

Does anyone know if useful things like this are in the game manual? Has the manual been updated recently?

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 3
RE: Avoiding war/ally messages... - 9/30/2010 1:15:52 PM   
pzgndr

DB, the manual has been updated with every verison since v1.05?  I'll double check what's in the v1.08 update.  I'm pretty sure the Copy to Clipboard info is already documented.  Any suggestions for additional useful things that can be added are always welcome.

I would still like to see the active player's log items highlighted in some way.  Doesn't have to be fancy.  It would be nice to have different color-coded schemes for active allies and enemies too, but just something to highlight the current player messages would be a big help.

UPDATE. OK here's what's currently in the v1.08 manual:

quote:

3.1.5 Status Panel and Box
Located above the Phase buttons, the Status Panel gives information concerning the current state of the
game. The Status Box (brown background), which can be expanded by double clicking it, gives result
information from procedures and functions already performed. By right clicking on the Status Box, you
can perform several actions: Copy to clipboard (for saving or editing the text of the Status Box), Replay
headlines, Clear selected headlines, or Clear all headlines.

NOTE: A lot of things can happen during a turn and if you are not directly involved, it is easy to miss all of
the details scrolling past in the message window. By double clicking and expanding the Status Box, the
much larger message window that appears above it allows you to easily scan recent events and go back
to review previous events. To close the window, click on the “X”.

< Message edited by pzgndr -- 9/30/2010 11:19:12 PM >

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 4
RE: Avoiding war/ally messages... - 10/1/2010 1:53:19 AM   
Dancing Bear

Thanks pzgndr, once again you have done a good job with the manual. I think the answer to Kwik E Mart's and Yearword's questions, is by clearing the headlines as described in the manual, you also get rid of the annoying pop-ups at the start of each turn. Or at least this is what I dimmly remember, so I might have it wrong. If this does work, maybe the manual can be updated to tell players that clearly the headlines also prevents the repetition of the pop up boxes (althought to be honnest, they should go away on their own. The program should clear these pop up messages once they have been dispayed).

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
RE: Avoiding war/ally messages... - 10/2/2010 2:57:25 PM   
Yearworld

Thanks for the answer pnzgndr. It is nice to have those boxes gone. :)

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 6
RE: Avoiding war/ally messages... - 10/2/2010 6:27:13 PM   
Dancing Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yearworld

Thanks for the answer pnzgndr. It is nice to have those boxes gone. :)

I guess of claering the headlines also clears the pop up boxes at the start of the reinforcement phase, then perhaps the next version of manual could include an extra sentance to explain this. Is this ok pzgndr?

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Avoiding war/ally messages... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI