Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assault on the Sauer tips?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Assault on the Sauer tips? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/21/2010 12:32:03 PM   
sharper

Hope there are some wise folk here who have some deviously cunning plan for Assault on the Sauer scenario in general and in particular keeping the Eng bridge builders on task?

In my games the come under heavy fire from across the river and have pull back and rest.

thx

All the best
Stephen
Post #: 1
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/21/2010 4:31:10 PM   
simovitch

This is probably obvious, but make sure the area around the bridge is secure so that the Americans can't zero in on your construction efforts. Rest in the day, work at night, set aggro to min and losses to max.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 9/22/2010 12:26:56 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 2
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/21/2010 4:40:46 PM   
sharper

many thx simovitch.

The main problem are the units that are already in Echtemach on the south bank of Sauer from the off. The are proving to be very "stubborn".

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/22/2010 12:26:39 PM   
simovitch

Historically the Germans had to abandon the Echternach operation because of heavy US Artillery fire and move the bridging operation to Edingen. Might be worth a try.

simovitch

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 4
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/22/2010 12:41:23 PM   
sharper

ill look into excellent piece of info

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 5
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/23/2010 3:12:38 AM   
Franklin Nimitz

I'm playing it right now, and it's tough. I built one bridge using both engineers, and finished it around 2215 on Day 1. I've since move the engineers to another crossing site, but they are really tired, and it's a struggle to keep them on task. I doubt they'll finish the second by 1630 on D3 (It's 1000 now).

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 6
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/23/2010 11:02:35 AM   
sharper

Been away from the battle for the last few days! But what your saying rings true. Ive just issued orders for the engineers in the north to join the guys in the south to try and speed things up but as i sent the order out I was not confident!

Back soon

S

I'm back and into this sod of a scenario again! Moved the southern crossing point to Edingen but as you say the engineers are so very tired. This is real tough one. I think I need a complete rethink on this scenario

There are Allied units all over the place and fires (counter attacks) keep breaking out were you least expect them! Running out of buckets!

< Message edited by sharper -- 9/23/2010 4:56:10 PM >

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to Franklin Nimitz)
Post #: 7
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/24/2010 10:07:13 PM   
Franklin Nimitz

I got a marginal victory. I would have had a decisive if the exit function wasn't broken.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 8
RE: Assault on the Sauer tips? - 9/25/2010 9:47:36 AM   
sharper

I'm humbled!

Got loads to exit at Wasserbillig but cannot get through to the other two. I also have not managed to get enough points from the VP in the south. I have much to learn, this why I'm sticking to this engine for the foreseeable future.
I hope more people will discuss scenarios in more depth as they play them its great to see how others get on. They maybe should go in the AAR section but that feels like a place for people who know what they are doing.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sharper -- 9/25/2010 9:54:36 AM >

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to Franklin Nimitz)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Assault on the Sauer tips? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI