Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 5:12:47 PM   
jetjockey

A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please

I am having difficulty supplying the garrison at Sian; my troops are beginning to starve! I took Sian more than a month ago. Most of the troops have long since moved on. My division and several regiments at #1a are well supplied and advancing. My units at #2 are also well supplied and have cleared (for several turns since) and continue to pursue isolated Chinese units. Route #3 has been clear since the beginning of the advance, and Kaifeng is well stocked with supplies. I would like to begin my advance at #1b, but won’t if I can’t secure my supply lines.

--- Help!!! ---

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jetjockey -- 9/15/2010 5:14:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 6:32:46 PM   
John Lansford

Did you boost the amount of supplies Sian requires, so they're getting more than the usual amount?  Also, it looks like the railroad isn't continuous to Sian, so it's not much help getting supplies there.  They have to go via road, which is more inefficient.  My suggestion would be to boost the supply request for Sian and see if that helps.

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 2
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 6:47:16 PM   
jetjockey

Yes. I've boosted supply to something like +3000. I'm even have two transport squadrons (18 total acft) on supply runs from Kaifeng. Still no good. What gets me is all the units around Sian, including those at 1a, are getting supplies, but Sian is getting skipped.

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 3
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 6:50:40 PM   
Mynok

Um....are you certain that the supply getting shipped to Sian isn't getting sent to those units? It is pretty much their only supply source.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 4
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 6:58:29 PM   
jetjockey

That's my guess, but what gets me is that my units in Sian are getting none of the supply; one unit even has a supply level of zero. I'm at the end of my supply-line. Must I abandon the cities to feed my troops?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 5
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 7:03:05 PM   
USS America

Actually, that problem sounds like something I've heard reported in the past.  Check the tech support forum.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 6
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 8:43:02 PM   
jetjockey

I just checked a couple of posts on the the tech side. "me so hungry" by crsutton seems to be closest, but I did not see a solution. I'll try tweaking various supply levels; I've advanced alot since my last "tweak."

Although I am not swimming in supplies, I'm also not lacking for supplies; I have 15-20 AKs (7,500/day?) on supply runs to various Chinese ports, plus those generated locally and from Korea/Manchuko. I've shut off all (hopefully) factory repair, I have a few airbases expanding, my LCUs are about 3/4 inactive, and my aircraft are very active, so I am using supplies but I am also importing alot. I guess my main complaint is the same as others; why are my units in the cities starving while those in the jungle have a surplus?

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 7
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 8:45:53 PM   
anarchyintheuk

AFAIK the only current solution is to move your lcus out of the city to enjoy the jungle supply bonus.

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 8
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 9:07:13 PM   
jetjockey

Thanks guys! Oh, I just noticed I've got my second star!!! Aint I just "So Special!"

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 9
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/15/2010 9:41:53 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: jetjockey

That's my guess, but what gets me is that my units in Sian are getting none of the supply; one unit even has a supply level of zero. I'm at the end of my supply-line. Must I abandon the cities to feed my troops?

In one word, yes. The engine has an inherit problem. When u inside a base u can only draw supply from that base periode.
When outside u can draw from any base in range. So if that 1 base dont have supply to cant get ur basicly screwed.
If its any consolation its much worse for the chinease side. They have to defend those cities, since its the cities that produce supply but as u found out defending a city/base pose that problem.
Its actually even worse. In my experience units in bases with near full supply, but with the base having 0 or near 0 supply, gets their AV modified by the base supply not the unit supply. So units can actually have supply and still gets a monster negative AV modifier in combat if base doesnt have any supply. One of the quirks with the engine.
If u dont understand this and use this in where and how to defend u can get royally screwed.

Hope it helps tho i saw u sorta have it figured out,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 9/15/2010 9:43:24 PM >

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 10
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/22/2010 1:57:53 AM   
jetjockey

Thanks guys for all the advice! As I was "tweaking" my supply levels I found several rear-area, cigar-chomping, supply sergeants hoarding supplies in depots I no longer needed. What had me were the units starving in cities when there were more than enough supplies to go around. But to cut to the chase, supplies are once again flowing and the advance continues!

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 11
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/22/2010 3:19:23 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jetjockey

Thanks guys for all the advice! As I was "tweaking" my supply levels I found several rear-area, cigar-chomping, supply sergeants hoarding supplies in depots I no longer needed. What had me were the units starving in cities when there were more than enough supplies to go around. But to cut to the chase, supplies are once again flowing and the advance continues!

Does this mean that you had increased supply demand in other cities (with the arrows) and forgotten to return those supply requests to the default? FWIW, that's one of the first things I check when supplies aren't flowing in China as they should.

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 12
RE: A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please - 9/22/2010 3:43:09 AM   
jetjockey

That is what happened. I had earlier bumped supply levels in key cities, but forgot to readjust as my troops advanced. I got confused when my lead troops were well supplied as my garrison troops starved in the cities. Now that I have a better understanding of this part of the game mechanics...

Live and learn. This is my first foray into China after all.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> A vexing supply problem!?! --- no AdmNelson Please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI