Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ units display toggle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> HQ units display toggle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ units display toggle - 9/14/2010 10:09:23 PM   
kirkgregerson

Just a suggestion to have an HQ feature to remove(toggle on/off) all unit except those that belong to the highlighted HQ. The change color feature for HQ has helped, but I still find it difficult at times to tell where all the units belonging to an HQ are on the map. Because of the bonuses for being in the 8 hex range this is something to always consider.

What do others think of this feature?

Also, does anybody know what the effect is of having a Corp HQ more than 8 hexes from it's parent Army HQ and also from Army to AG and OKH?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: HQ units display toggle - 9/14/2010 10:11:46 PM   
NefariousKoel

This would be great. Seconded.

(in reply to kirkgregerson)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ units display toggle - 9/15/2010 3:06:02 AM   
hank

I just started the invasion of France and Belgium and was wondering the same thing about how the distanced between the Corp, Army and OKH HQs affected supply and integrity. I'm keeping the Corp HQ's close to their divisions but don't know for sure how close I need to keep them to the bosses up the command hierarchy.

I had suggested highlighting the hexes where the selected HQ's units are located. At least then you would know to look in a stack to find a stray regiment. Maybe use bright yellow or green for the hexes where the selected HQ's subordinate units reside. The OP's method would sure work too; it may very well be an even better way.

< Message edited by hank -- 9/15/2010 3:07:40 AM >

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ units display toggle - 9/15/2010 5:41:46 AM   
NefariousKoel

I've been opening the OOB tab and memorizing which ones are subordinate.

I don't need to do it too often, but sometimes. I find it more problematic when attempting to find a Corp's Engineer unit (for example) that's buried under a stack somewhere. When I click on it's unit in the OOB tab it only moves the map so that it's somewhere possibly in view but doesn't highlight it, which would help.

(in reply to hank)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> HQ units display toggle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI