From: Apex, NC, USA
ORIGINAL: USS America
I've updated the first post with our confirmed patch level, scenario, game settings, and house rules. As of now, we are going to wait until Friday for a response about the release of a DB patch. If everyone else no longer wants to wait until then, I'm cool.
When the time comes, one of you Jap guys will have to start a new game from Scenario 1. Please confirm all of the agreed settings are correct before starting. We will all need to have the "save game slot" that is used by the first Jap player available. I'd like to request slot 17, unless someone else already has a game saved in that slot.
Turn processing procedure:
1. Either Jap player starts a new game, issues orders, saves the game without ending the turn. Sends the save game to other Jap player. Share the Jap password with other Jap player.
2. Second Jap player opens save game, issues orders, then ends the turn. Send save game to both Allies (optional to other Jap player).
3. Either Allied player opens the save game, creates a new Allied password, issues orders, saves without ending the turn. Send the save and password to other Allied player.
4. Second Allied player opens the save game, issues orders, then ends the turn. Send save game to both Japs (optional to other Allied player).
5. Either Jap player opens the save game, runs the turn execution. Send the Combat Replay (save game slot 001) to other 3 players. Each other player can run the CR and if they enter the password for their side, it will generate ops and combat reports for their side.
6. Either Jap player then returns to step 1 and the order repeats.
It never should matter which player from a side issues orders first, or which Jap player runs the combat execution. I recommend good communication to your partner when you start to issue orders, so both don't end up issuing them at the same time, and one will have to repeat them.
Whew! All that typing has made me thirsty. It's a shame I'm still at the office, but only 1 hour until parole.
Excellent summary and recommendations, Gai...I mean Mike.
We should talk about patches and agree to make a unanimous group decision about patching before any one of us does it independently. This includes hotfixes, as far as I'm concerned. With four of us the risks of file corruption increase significantly.
So how are you two dividing your efforts / responsibilities?
Either of you doing an AAR? What is the role of the "THREAD WAR" AAR? I don't recall from WiTP days how that worked.
Great point about any and all patches being applied at the same time for all of us, in the "recommended" process.
I think we are going to be doing an AAR. I'll contribute as much as I can to it, when I can, as will Steve-O. Oh, the "THREAD WAR" AAR was mostly for the type of things we've been doing in this BAR, and then they used it to post when someone was "taking the turn", so partners could check there before starting to enter orders, and also to see "where" the turn is. As far as I'm concerned, we can continue to use this one the same way, if you guys like the idea. They started as a 3 x 3, so they needed to be very organized to keep from overwriting someone else's orders.
We are dividing our efforts and responsibilities into two groups. The one's we know about, and the one's you guys don't know about.
Are you guys doing the traditional Army/Navy thing?
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie