From: Apex, NC, USA
Here's where I think we stand on settings/rules/etc. I'll edit the first post and paste these in, so we have one place to refer to.
Summary to date:
I believe there are no objections to any of these settings. Please speak up if I'm wrong. (It's been known to happen)
FOW, Adv Weather, Allied DC, PDU, 12/7/41 Surprise ... all on.
Reliable USN torps OFF, Real RnD on, No Withdrawals OFF, replacements for both Fixed.
Hist Turn 1 OFF. We can work out any restrictions for orders on Turn 1 with a HR.
CR's on, Auto Subs off, TF and plane radius on, Expansion, Upgrades, Air and Ground replacements all off. 2 day turns. Thanks for agreeing to this, Brothers. I think we'll all come to enjoy using them. Or, I'll have to provide beer to you all regularly.
I believe the only one's that are not completely independent for each of us are Show combat animations, summaries, and show clouds. I'd prefer to have them all on.
Scenario 1 is what I presume we are playing.
Starting with patch level 22.214.171.1246g - Jul 6 2010. Possibly waiting for DB patch, if avail within 2 weeks.
1. PP paid for LCU movement out of restricted command borders. Exception: Japan allowed to use the four Thai Army 'divisions' within 4 hexes of the Thai border. Allies will have the same option for the (restricted) Indian troops around Burma. Anything more than that and we've gotta pay the PP. I think we are all agreed on this one.
2. No strategic bombing before 1943. No strategic bombing before 1944 in China. Maybe still negotiating this one....
3. Reasonable altitude settings for a/c to avoid "Stratosphere sweep" phenomena. In general, I'll rarely fly Oscars or Zeroes higher than 25,000 feet, Nates will be restricted to 15,000 feet. Hurricanes will be OK to the higher altitude, whilest P39s and P40s will be restricted to 15,000 feet and 20,000 feet, respectively. Need to refine and define this one a bit....
4. Turn 1: Allies may not change existing default CAP units. No TFs may be created. Those already in existence, may be moved (e.g., Force Z). I don't insist the Allies conduct the pointless death ride. Still need to refine if Japan allowed to port strike Manila on turn 1, due to using 2 day turns.
5. Limited 'expand to fit ship' functionality for IJNAF, USN, RN. Exception: USN CVE-R units.
Clarification on the intent of this one: The HR is intended to allow some expansion to fit carriers for existing organic airgroups or airgroups added to carriers without organic airgroups, while side-stepping the gameyness of having bajillions of IJNAF or USNAF pilots in training squadrons.
Common sense: If you're going to use it for scouting / fighting, you can expand it to use to fit the carrier in question.
CVE-Rs, for their rather unique role, don't fit this mold well and should be allowed their oddly outsized replacement mission, IMO.
I believe there are no objections to this one, either.
6. Any additional proposed HR's, other than don't pull blatant gamey moves?
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie