HQ Command Range

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Chris21wen

HQ Command Range

Post by Chris21wen »

What is it? I've seen it mentioned in the manual but I can't find any reference to the distance?
Josh

RE: HQ Command Range

Post by Josh »

It's mentioned in the scenario briefing, sometimes it's 8, sometimes 10 hexes for 100% Hq influence, that depends on the scenario and the scale. Each hex extra distance is 20% less HQ influence.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Josh

It's mentioned in the scenario briefing, sometimes it's 8, sometimes 10 hexes for 100% Hq influence, that depends on the scenario and the scale. Each hex extra distance is 20% less HQ influence.

I think I'm missing something here. I cannot find this info anywhere in the scenario briefing
Chocolino

Post by Chocolino »

Just in case: You can see the current HQ% for a unit in its unit detail information at the bottom of the screen.

But I could not find the max hex distance for 100% HQ in the rules or the briefing that is accessible from the GUI, either. Maybe it is stated at the start of the scenario - don't remember.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Chocolino

Just in case: You can see the current HQ% for a unit in its unit detail information at the bottom of the screen.

But I could not find the max hex distance for 100% HQ in the rules or the briefing that is accessible from the GUI, either. Maybe it is stated at the start of the scenario - don't remember.

The HQ% is not much useif you don't know what 100% is. ANyway I thougth that was used in combat bonus and possible supply. But I've not got to grips with that yet.

No it's not mentioned at the start so perhaps the designers could shed some light on the subject.

Josh

Post by Josh »

Well it seems you're right, and I was misstaken, it's not mentioned in the scenario briefing. I'm at a loss where I've read it then [&:]
I still think it's 8-10 hexes though, and the HQ is involved in combat bonus, not that I know much about the exact numbers, I'm not a numbercruncher... they give me headaches [:)] I just want the HQ nearby. You can check the HQ% at the unitdetail tab like Chocolino said.
Chocolino

Post by Chocolino »

I started using the HQ% info mainly for card effects. If the HQ% is lower than 100%, the effect of cards diminishes or vanishes as I just found out. This is another reason to check on HQ% in addition to battle boni.

NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

ORIGINAL: Chocolino

I started using the HQ% info mainly for card effects. If the HQ% is lower than 100%, the effect of cards diminishes or vanishes as I just found out. This is another reason to check on HQ% in addition to battle boni.

In addition to battle what? You mean bonuses?? [:'(]

I was in the dark about artillery range on my first game, too. I skimmed through the manual and read the scenario description but saw no hard numbers. [&:]
Chocolino

Post by Chocolino »

"boni" is the masculin nominative plural of the noun bonus (beaten into me with a stick at the time and hard to let go). If you are a native English speaker "bonuses" has become the anglified version and is of course acceptable.
Tordan69

Post by Tordan69 »

One digit, many fingers :D
/Sweden

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”