Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does the number of shooters affect the casualties caused?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Does the number of shooters affect the casualties caused? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does the number of shooters affect the casualties caused? - 9/11/2010 12:43:47 PM   
Krautman

Hi all,

I enjoy the game so far and am very fond of the editor. Also, the mods available in this forum are really useful, as is the link to the great Kronoskaf site. Can't wait for part II of this game. Anyhow, I recently played a self-built battle (1.12 patch not yet installed) and had an Austrian regiment (19 soldiers left) wipe out 41 men in a single salvo. I had always been under the impression that the number of casualties is not linked to the number of shooters, but that result astonished me, it's certainly counterintuitive. So am I right in assuming the strength of the regiment is irrelevant for the casualties its salvoes cause?

Greetings
Krautman
Post #: 1
RE: Does the number of shooters affect the casualties c... - 9/11/2010 2:17:55 PM   
PrinzHenrich

This fight was really furious ;)
Note that the editor make you avaible to decide not only to strenght of a unit but also a number of casualties per hit. Standard is 12-16 but you can change it to 1-10 so single salve take max. 10 person (of course if others modifiers are on normal stand)

Changes....

(in reply to Krautman)
Post #: 2
RE: Does the number of shooters affect the casualties c... - 9/13/2010 4:21:46 PM   
jackx

The entire formula for shooting strenght of a unit should be in the manual, but the number of men in the unit is one of the factors.
Based on that shooting strength formula, the unit then scores a number of hits, both the likelyhood of which, and the amount of casualties each produces, you can adjust.

If you change the scale, particularly when reducing the time/turn you'll have to tweak those settings accordingly.
Overall, the system is rather abstract, and doesn't scale down too well - certainly not to the level of where one combat phase represents just one combat action like a single volley.

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

(in reply to PrinzHenrich)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Does the number of shooters affect the casualties caused? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI