Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is anyone still playing this game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Is anyone still playing this game? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/11/2010 2:18:07 AM   
bretg80

The board is almost dead. What's everyone up to. Playing the game and no time to write?

Just curious.
Post #: 1
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/11/2010 2:42:11 PM   
simovitch

I've been manually alpha-testing the HTTR conversion scenarios for the past several weeks - some fun but also a lot of work being done on updating the HTTR maps, OOB's and other research. AFAIK Arjuna is taking care of business and family matters (i.e. vacation) and we may not hear much from him for a few weeks yet.

simovitch

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 2
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/11/2010 10:28:19 PM   
Deathtreader

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretg80

The board is almost dead. What's everyone up to. Playing the game and no time to write?

Just curious.

I was thinking the same thing..........it is quiet around here.

I'm still playing and enjoying every minute!! The patch seems to have solved 99% of the problems, although there are still some concerned posts in tech support.
Anyhoo, back to mastering the new supply prioritization and H hour features.

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 3
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/12/2010 12:04:01 AM   
vandorenp

I am busy laying the groundwork for the expansion pack - Knock on all the Doors. This presupposes the 5PZ Army was given command of the initial assault.

Keydet

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 4
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/12/2010 3:33:25 PM   
wodin

Waiting for some user scenarios\mods....

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to vandorenp)
Post #: 5
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/12/2010 6:49:43 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

I've been manually alpha-testing the HTTR conversion scenarios for the past several weeks ...

For import to BftB?

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 6
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/12/2010 8:28:27 PM   
simovitch

Yes.

Not sure how Panther and Matrix will issue these (there will be 12 scenarios); I'm not in the corporate/marketing loop until after those decisions are made.

simovitch

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 7
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/12/2010 9:11:30 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

Yes.

Not sure how Panther and Matrix will issue these (there will be 12 scenarios) ...

Of the 12 scenarios, will any be of the 3 main HttR long (9 day) scenarios?

If so, the HttR import could prove more popular than BftB and may justify the large pricetag many of us paid for it.

In any event, this is fascinating news.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 8
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/13/2010 1:45:08 AM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

yes, Neerpelt, Eindhoven, Nijmegen, and Arnhem Historical scenarios are all included. many changes to the OOBs (based on new research) and scenario mechanics (exits, SEP's) several historical error fixes and tons of map edits to allow mixed mode movement and correct some historical inconsistencies. We will issue a full list of changes once they are ready for release.

Others include Terror of the Tyne Tees, Joes Bridge, Big Chill breakout, Molenhoek counterattack, and Mook right hook. These 9 have completed alpha testing and are ready for the beta testers.

The last 3 will probably be 'Keeping the Island afloat', 'Arnhem second wave', and 'Arnhem Final Phase'.

This has not been an easy task - It's been a 2-year project with several hundred hours of personal time invested in getting these things polished to a professional level. Whatever happens, I think you guys will enjoy them.

simovitch

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 9
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/13/2010 12:03:43 PM   
ulisin

quote:

quote:

yes, Neerpelt, Eindhoven, Nijmegen, and Arnhem Historical scenarios are all included. many changes to the OOBs (based on new research) and scenario mechanics (exits, SEP's) several historical error fixes and tons of map edits to allow mixed mode movement and correct some historical inconsistencies. We will issue a full list of changes once they are ready for release.

Others include Terror of the Tyne Tees, Joes Bridge, Big Chill breakout, Molenhoek counterattack, and Mook right hook. These 9 have completed alpha testing and are ready for the beta testers.

The last 3 will probably be 'Keeping the Island afloat', 'Arnhem second wave', and 'Arnhem Final Phase'.

This has not been an easy task - It's been a 2-year project with several hundred hours of personal time invested in getting these things polished to a professional level. Whatever happens, I think you guys will enjoy them.

It looks fantastic!! Now, I go to buy HTTR!!

Till now, I haven't interest in buying a game without BFTB changes and news. Now I have.
bye

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 10
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/13/2010 1:08:39 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ulisin

It looks fantastic!! Now, I go to buy HTTR!! ...

The HttR scenarios are for import to BftB, so buying HttR as it is now may be totally unnecessary.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 11
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/13/2010 1:10:37 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

quote:

yes, Neerpelt, Eindhoven, Nijmegen, and Arnhem Historical scenarios are all included. many changes to the OOBs (based on new research) and scenario mechanics (exits, SEP's) several historical error fixes and tons of map edits to allow mixed mode movement and correct some historical inconsistencies. We will issue a full list of changes once they are ready for release ...

Very good news; these longer scenarios should satisfy players wanting a full campaign as they were about 9 days long.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 12
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/13/2010 3:02:50 PM   
sharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretg80

Just curious.

Was thinking the very same. I have posted some qustions, but it is very quiet indeed. Worryingly so actually!

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 13
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/13/2010 10:01:18 PM   
bretg80

Yes, was wondering if I just paid for Arjun's vacation . Just kidding. I hope he is enjoying a much needed break I'm sure.

I hope everyone is still interested in this game.

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 14
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/14/2010 11:16:42 AM   
wodin

the other game forums for the series where never full of posts....same as this one....I imagine until a russian front game comes out then the forums wil go quite as I expect it has a small core customer base at the moment...

There isn't much to discuss to be honest...everyone prob knows the game enough to work out whats going on and the patch's have fixed many problems...no new features will appear until the next game in the series...the forum may get busy when some mods and new scenarios are released...for now though I can't see to much going on here for awhile...

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 15
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/15/2010 7:30:11 PM   
redmarkus4

I purchased Decisive Battles WtP and haven't looked at BttB since. This game disappointed as it failed to correct some basic flaws that had been present since HTTR and the Bulge focus was an error IMO - been there and done that. I was surprised to find that there was no campaign option (even the linking and carry over system of WtP would have sufficed).

Matrix must have known how WtP was shaping up when they released BttB and I believe they should have recognised that the game was lacking and that it didnt truly represent a huge step forward from the previous version. I really can't see what the extra £40 got me apart from the faint hope that one day somebody will build some interesting East Front scenarios.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 16
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/16/2010 12:23:52 PM   
PirateJock

Oh yes but being saved for when I have more than an hour to play (unfortunately not that often) ... my quick fix game of the moment is the non-grog Battlefield Academy ... there I've said it and feel like a weight has been lifted

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 17
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 10:32:33 AM   
sharper

I hope my suspicions are unfounded but I’m starting to fear the worst. The lack of traffic in BftB forum and the deathly silence regarding future patches and further products from panther does not bode well.
I regard Panthers products as the best on the market. It will be a great shame to see them go the way of so many others.
Come on Panther what’s happening?

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 18
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 3:01:13 PM   
GBS

True, the silence is deafening. I wonder if the issues that have been surfaced as things not fixed from the previous game can actually be fixed. Perhaps the engine is too complex. I know little to nothing about these things but I still enjoy the game and expect it to be on my hard drive for some time unless it becomes evident that no updates or improvements will be forthcoming.

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 19
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 3:11:42 PM   
sharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

True, the silence is deafening. I wonder if the issues that have been surfaced as things not fixed from the previous game can actually be fixed. Perhaps the engine is too complex. I know little to nothing about these things but I still enjoy the game and expect it to be on my hard drive for some time unless it becomes evident that no updates or improvements will be forthcoming.

GBS, I was hoping to have been rebuked by a long post from Dave!

but nothing!

PS the trouble with not knowing the future of this engine is its like watching a TV series after its been canned! You know there is no mileage in it.

< Message edited by sharper -- 9/17/2010 3:15:32 PM >

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 20
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 3:47:22 PM   
cbelva

quote:

AFAIK Arjuna is taking care of business and family matters (i.e. vacation) and we may not hear much from him for a few weeks yet.

If you had read the earlier post you would have known why Arjuna has been so quiet as of late -- the man is on vacation. Let wait until he gets back and see what he says then before we bury Command Ops into the dust bin of abandoned games.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 21
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 3:56:55 PM   
sharper

I used to go on holiday or take time out and my company still carried on, especially communicating with customers.

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 22
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 5:24:12 PM   
CriticalMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharper

I used to go on holiday or take time out and my company still carried on, especially communicating with customers.

Well done, mate!

I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 23
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 5:46:56 PM   
Franklin Nimitz

You know guys, it's not like this is the Justin Bieber forum where there's 10 million teenagers posting away. I took a quick look at the post counts of game on the main forum page, and BftB's forum has one of the largest post totals amoungst the newer releases. Compared to the rest of the Matrix's forum, this is an active forum.

Maybe that doesn't say much about the overall popularity of our hobby, but personally I've never been a mass-market kind of guy.

(in reply to CriticalMass)
Post #: 24
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/17/2010 7:07:53 PM   
stian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franklin Nimitz
... personally I've never been a mass-market kind of guy.

Well said!

Still playing it, still enjoying it.
Just look at my post count and join date, you don't have to be posting continuously to be enjoying games

(in reply to Franklin Nimitz)
Post #: 25
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/18/2010 3:51:27 AM   
Agent S

If anything the lack of activity on the forum may well equate to more people playing.
Many games with high topic or post counts are often complaints, about A.I., supply, or other anomalies.
as above, "still playing- still enjoying" and looking forward to the httr mods.

"Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost." -Dr. Who (#1)

(in reply to stian)
Post #: 26
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/18/2010 10:29:17 AM   
sharper

I'm a "still playing- still enjoying" and I want to to able to look forward to HttR add on and hopefully Eastern Front after that and beyond. I now only play this game engine and have concentrated all my gaming time into learning its intricacies, alas still not won as the Germans.

Having worked inside the games industry back in the 90's, all be it only in a small way running my own business, it has lead me to appreciate how good Panther's products are.

AND

I am hooked! I want to see all at Panther prosper and go to bigger and greater things!

< Message edited by sharper -- 9/19/2010 10:08:33 AM >

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 27
RE: Is anyone still playing this game? - 9/19/2010 8:59:23 PM   
bretg80

Well, the board is very quiet and the high post count is from all the debate early on about price. Arjuna is on vacation which is why he isn't posting. Actually, I believe that not many people bought this game because of the price and the negativity around the delay in the patches.

Maybe over time the game will recover and more players will join once the new HTTR scenarios are released.

Time will tell.

Post #: 28
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Is anyone still playing this game? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI