Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bunch more assorted questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Bunch more assorted questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bunch more assorted questions - 9/1/2010 2:41:12 PM   
dukewacoan

First, can't say thanks enough for the prompt answers obtained here. About to hit Feb'42 in a PBEM after only played WITP years ago. Questions keep coming up in play. Here are some more -

Am I correct that there is no mechanism for altering terrain such as building roads to benefit supply movement? So Road Engineers are really just good for entrenching, airfield expansion, etc? Or does the presence of a road construction engineer assist somehow indirectly in supply point distributions?

Same question regarding Japanese Shipping Engineer units? Other than port expansion, do they do much good?

What are the best units to use to try and get a place like Wake repaired after capture? Port and Airfield both near 100 points damage?

I can't get my Claude's to upgrade to Zeros. Unit is under Standdown, 20,000 supply points, Zeros available, set to upgrade. What am I doing wrong?

I messed up doing some island hoping off of bases with no ports, and realized I have left all the heavy equipment on the beach as I pull off the units. Small units, so no huge loss. But to rebuild the unit and get equipment back, I'm assuming put them in a base at 20,000 supply points and set them to Rest/Training, have vehicles and armaments in pool? Set Replacements On? Anything else?

I also have some Zeros in a base and Zeros in pool, but I can't add planes to replaced lost ones for some reason. It says I need 20,000 supply points, but I don't remember that being a criteria before.
Post #: 1
RE: Bunch more assorted questions - 9/1/2010 2:56:51 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: dukewacoan

First, can't say thanks enough for the prompt answers obtained here. About to hit Feb'42 in a PBEM after only played WITP years ago. Questions keep coming up in play. Here are some more -

Am I correct that there is no mechanism for altering terrain such as building roads to benefit supply movement? So Road Engineers are really just good for entrenching, airfield expansion, etc? Or does the presence of a road construction engineer assist somehow indirectly in supply point distributions?

Ur correct in that they have no such ability. They are "just" good for entrenching, building and so on.
Do notice and that is hugely importand, that the base size which exactly engineers are good at expanding means alot to the supply draw in the Monsoon area's of the Map. Burma/Assam/N Aussie.

quote:

Same question regarding Japanese Shipping Engineer units? Other than port expansion, do they do much good?

Less units have naval support squads which help with load/unload speed of ports among others thing, then no they not good for "anything" else. In regards to engineers and they capabilites.

quote:

What are the best units to use to try and get a place like Wake repaired after capture? Port and Airfield both near 100 points damage?

Any units with engineers or engineer vechiels. Name as such doesnt matter. Whether u want a unit with only those type of squads or unit with combat type squads in it depence on where u alrdy have units doing the defence or where u want to have any unit doing defence at all.

quote:

I can't get my Claude's to upgrade to Zeros. Unit is under Standdown, 20,000 supply points, Zeros available, set to upgrade. What am I doing wrong?

Airfield level/not being in range of an AirHQ at an appropiate AF level. Usually if no AirHQ u need to be at a level 7 or so airfield with supply. That would be my guess.

quote:

I messed up doing some island hoping off of bases with no ports, and realized I have left all the heavy equipment on the beach as I pull off the units. Small units, so no huge loss. But to rebuild the unit and get equipment back, I'm assuming put them in a base at 20,000 supply points and set them to Rest/Training, have vehicles and armaments in pool? Set Replacements On? Anything else?

First off u cant replace devices in a parent units if u still have fragments left on the map that holds those devices.
Else u sorta correct, i do find that either u hafta be a a certain size of base to recieve some devices. Or be located with command HQ, then the base size seems to be a bit less. I cant say i've fully understod this part but its my experience that certain type of devices only get replaces as described above.
The way to get heavy equipment of non port bases is by using naval support squads. 20-30 makes most heavy equpiment loadble tho at a slow rate.

quote:

I also have some Zeros in a base and Zeros in pool, but I can't add planes to replaced lost ones for some reason. It says I need 20,000 supply points, but I don't remember that being a criteria before.

Again has to do with base Size and if in range with an AirHQ. If neither of the first 2 req's are met supply one pops up.
It is described in detail in the manual. Its easier just to read the different req's in there, then i write up all the difference scn's!

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 9/1/2010 2:57:16 PM >

(in reply to dukewacoan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Bunch more assorted questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI