Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Functionality

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Unit Functionality Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Functionality - 8/31/2010 2:04:06 AM   
Dethsor

Hi,
I was looking at creating some modern pirate/smuggling scenarios based in the Singapore/Philippines/Indonesia region.

I was looking to purchase ANW in order to create & play some scenarios. But I wanted to see if naval units had the ability to send boarding parties to other vessels to search and take over other vessels.

Is this functionality included in the game? Can I modify the units to include this functionality? Is this something which is beyond the scope of Harpoon?

Much Thanks,
A.
Post #: 1
RE: Unit Functionality - 8/31/2010 2:56:20 AM   
uncleharpoon

Version 3.10 of ANW has a basic boarding capability. It doesn't model relative crew strengths, nor fighting capability in this release, just basic boarding. V3.11 (now being designed) will have a basic attrition model.

If you are a professional user, please contact me privately for additional H3MilSim features appropriate to defense studies.

Don Gilman
AGSI
http://www.computerharpoon.com
http://www.h3milsim.com

(in reply to Dethsor)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Functionality - 8/31/2010 6:11:47 PM   
Vincenzo Beretta

Dethsor, there are some scenarios built around piracy by Freek Schepers for the PDb but they will allow for boarding only when 3.10 will be released.

Somalia 1-4 (a mini-battleset centered around piracy)
Pirates (set near Malacca)

Harpoon ANW users can get them with the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library

If you like writing your own, check out the FAQ at http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.htm for help.

(in reply to Dethsor)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Functionality - 8/31/2010 10:10:49 PM   
tjhkkr

I am very much looking forward to 3.10, and 3.11
I have some oil platform scenarios and platforms that the boarding feature will be really neat to use.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Vincenzo Beretta)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit Functionality - 9/3/2010 12:31:35 AM   
Vincenzo Beretta

quote:

ORIGINAL: koelbach
No need to leave this place and to sign up in dark rooms, focusing on not-supported third party stuff, where there is only one guy posting; maybe two.

Of course there is no need to sign on anything, or even leave this site, to download the scenarios for the PDb. However since your other facts too were wrong I think one more won't amount to much
Post #: 5
RE: Unit Functionality - 9/3/2010 11:44:01 AM   
Frans

Save your breath Ralf.

Mr. Beretta might be an intellectual, but not a gentleman at all!!!!

Gentlemen keep their promises and pay their debts like a gentleman.
Mr. Beretta and I made a bet during the world championship soccer of 2006. I won, he lost.
I am still waiting for the moment that he will pay his debt like a gentleman.

If Vincenzo Beretta is a real intellectual, he would realize that "the game is over" on this forum.....
But, he isn't as he continues spamming around with fossilized hate banners [Balloon Brigade] and the usual stuff that is boring so much. You call that intellect? I call that obstinate behavior.

Cheers,
Frans Koenz
[owner Taitennek's Harpoon Pages]

Post #: 6
RE: Unit Functionality - 9/6/2010 6:30:54 PM   
FreekS

Unit functionality, an interesting topic!

Its great that there are many databases available to scen designers and players.

Personally I have found PlayersDB to be excellent mainly because Herman as the database editor spent a lot of time on it, and also is very responsive to requests to include new platforms, or to test draft scens. I suspect nobody will disagree with this statement.

The fact that Herman has been banned from this forum i believe will not reduce support of PlayersDB, as evidenced by continued scenario releases and the recent FAQ.

IMO it is great that the 'official' databases are having such active support and new scenario releases. I've created scenario's for HUD3 in the past and for reasons not relevant to discuss returned to PlayersDB every time.

I look forward to many great scenario's being created for all databases available to scenario designers and players, and I find it somewhat absurd and troublesome that even with Herman banned from this forum, recent negative posts continue about PlayersDB and anyone who publicly supports it, rather than build magnificant scenario's for players.

Respectfully,

Freek

< Message edited by FreekS -- 9/6/2010 6:33:20 PM >
Post #: 7
RE: Unit Functionality - 10/5/2010 11:39:53 AM   
Dethsor

Dear All,
Many thanks to all for getting back to me with so much information, and apologies for my tardy reply (I've been very busy with some pressing matters).

I look forward to finishing my university studies in 6 weeks time, when I will get ANW and start playing / writing scenarios.

Thanks,
Andrew.
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Unit Functionality Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI