Important ACM Question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RUDOLF

Important ACM Question

Post by RUDOLF »

I got a important ACM question.

I have this location with 1058 Mines, and the base has 9 newly made and operationall ACM's dispanded into the port of that base.

Still the number of mines is decreasing on a daily basis?

Plz Help [&:]
Grfin Zeppelin

RE: Important ACM Question

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

Fuel at port ?

RUDOLF

Post by RUDOLF »

16926 fuel at port
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

My understanding, which could be wrong, is that you also need to have mines in the pool in order to replenish the minefield with the same mine model.

Alfred
vonTirpitz

Post by vonTirpitz »

- edited out due to clarification - Thanks!

Pull out the ACMs for a couple of days and see the difference it makes. AETracker has a good screen to monitor your minefields and their per turn losses.
vonTirpitz

Post by vonTirpitz »

- deleted -
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

No, the ACM are maintaining the current mines. They do not need any new ones from the pool. In order for ACM to work:

1. The port must have fuel. ACM consume fuel in routine mine maintenace and stop maintaining when there is no fuel.
2. The ACM must be in good shape. If their damage gets above 10% or so, they stand down for maintenance.

I believe that is it. If it appears that ACM are not maintaining minefields and these two conditions are meant, go ahead and post a save (in the tech support thread) and I'll give it a look.
vonTirpitz

Post by vonTirpitz »

Thanks for the info Don. Is the 10% you mention the damage total or just system damage?

BTW- I realized I was misinterpreting my AE Tracker info that made me believe I was seeing more frequent decay rates at my minefields. Sorry for my confusion!
RUDOLF

Post by RUDOLF »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

No, the ACM are maintaining the current mines. They do not need any new ones from the pool. In order for ACM to work:

1. The port must have fuel. ACM consume fuel in routine mine maintenace and stop maintaining when there is no fuel.
2. The ACM must be in good shape. If their damage gets above 10% or so, they stand down for maintenance.

I believe that is it. If it appears that ACM are not maintaining minefields and these two conditions are meant, go ahead and post a save (in the tech support thread) and I'll give it a look.

Tx alot, yes all of them actually have betw. 11-21 in Sys.
Tx for help, I sent in 10 frech ones now to do the job while this group get rep.
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Rudolf,

IMHO, do not depend on mines to protect important places. It will only be a passing hazard. In my current PBEM sc1 curr patch, we have seen the effectiveness of mines significantly reduced over a wide span and large number of naval actions. In our experience, they seem to damage very rarely, and then only subs and amphibious task forces (which may be related to speed / maneuver).

I still use them of course and have placed that number of mines in a port hex, had 5+ naval combats in the hex with major enemy fleets, and not hit a single ship except a sub. (no exageration). I also have bombarded in enemy ports and had similar naval combat in the reverse and not suffered a single ship hit. Our results may not be typical - of course.
Andy M
RUDOLF

Post by RUDOLF »

ORIGINAL: topeverest

Rudolf,

IMHO, do not depend on mines to protect important places. It will only be a passing hazard. In my current PBEM sc1 curr patch, we have seen the effectiveness of mines significantly reduced over a wide span and large number of naval actions. In our experience, they seem to damage very rarely, and then only subs and amphibious task forces (which may be related to speed / maneuver).

I still use them of course and have placed that number of mines in a port hex, had 5+ naval combats in the hex with major enemy fleets, and not hit a single ship except a sub. (no exageration). I also have bombarded in enemy ports and had similar naval combat in the reverse and not suffered a single ship hit. Our results may not be typical - of course.

NoNo, not a problem.

The base is a large Industry sector, and the 1000 mines are there to keep enamy Subs and mine-Subs away.
It works for that Phurpess.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”