Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Important ACM Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Important ACM Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Important ACM Question - 8/29/2010 11:52:42 PM   
RUDOLF

I got a important ACM question.

I have this location with 1058 Mines, and the base has 9 newly made and operationall ACM's dispanded into the port of that base.

Still the number of mines is decreasing on a daily basis?

Plz Help
Post #: 1
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/29/2010 11:54:50 PM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

Fuel at port ?

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 2
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 1:19:10 AM   
RUDOLF

16926 fuel at port

(in reply to Gräfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 3
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 1:25:48 AM   
Alfred

My understanding, which could be wrong, is that you also need to have mines in the pool in order to replenish the minefield with the same mine model.

Alfred

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 4
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 1:28:34 AM   
vonTirpitz

- edited out due to clarification - Thanks!

Pull out the ACMs for a couple of days and see the difference it makes. AETracker has a good screen to monitor your minefields and their per turn losses.

< Message edited by vonTirpitz -- 8/30/2010 1:52:44 AM >

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 5
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 1:30:08 AM   
vonTirpitz

- deleted -

< Message edited by vonTirpitz -- 8/30/2010 1:50:16 AM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 6
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 1:43:34 AM   
Don Bowen

No, the ACM are maintaining the current mines. They do not need any new ones from the pool. In order for ACM to work:

1. The port must have fuel. ACM consume fuel in routine mine maintenace and stop maintaining when there is no fuel.
2. The ACM must be in good shape. If their damage gets above 10% or so, they stand down for maintenance.

I believe that is it. If it appears that ACM are not maintaining minefields and these two conditions are meant, go ahead and post a save (in the tech support thread) and I'll give it a look.

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 7
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 1:49:27 AM   
vonTirpitz

Thanks for the info Don. Is the 10% you mention the damage total or just system damage?

BTW- I realized I was misinterpreting my AE Tracker info that made me believe I was seeing more frequent decay rates at my minefields. Sorry for my confusion!

< Message edited by vonTirpitz -- 8/30/2010 2:27:55 AM >

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 8
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 2:03:21 AM   
RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

No, the ACM are maintaining the current mines. They do not need any new ones from the pool. In order for ACM to work:

1. The port must have fuel. ACM consume fuel in routine mine maintenace and stop maintaining when there is no fuel.
2. The ACM must be in good shape. If their damage gets above 10% or so, they stand down for maintenance.

I believe that is it. If it appears that ACM are not maintaining minefields and these two conditions are meant, go ahead and post a save (in the tech support thread) and I'll give it a look.

Tx alot, yes all of them actually have betw. 11-21 in Sys.
Tx for help, I sent in 10 frech ones now to do the job while this group get rep.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 9
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 5:13:47 AM   
topeverest

Rudolf,

IMHO, do not depend on mines to protect important places. It will only be a passing hazard. In my current PBEM sc1 curr patch, we have seen the effectiveness of mines significantly reduced over a wide span and large number of naval actions. In our experience, they seem to damage very rarely, and then only subs and amphibious task forces (which may be related to speed / maneuver).

I still use them of course and have placed that number of mines in a port hex, had 5+ naval combats in the hex with major enemy fleets, and not hit a single ship except a sub. (no exageration). I also have bombarded in enemy ports and had similar naval combat in the reverse and not suffered a single ship hit. Our results may not be typical - of course.

Andy M

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 10
RE: Important ACM Question - 8/30/2010 5:34:07 AM   
RUDOLF

quote:

ORIGINAL: topeverest

Rudolf,

IMHO, do not depend on mines to protect important places. It will only be a passing hazard. In my current PBEM sc1 curr patch, we have seen the effectiveness of mines significantly reduced over a wide span and large number of naval actions. In our experience, they seem to damage very rarely, and then only subs and amphibious task forces (which may be related to speed / maneuver).

I still use them of course and have placed that number of mines in a port hex, had 5+ naval combats in the hex with major enemy fleets, and not hit a single ship except a sub. (no exageration). I also have bombarded in enemy ports and had similar naval combat in the reverse and not suffered a single ship hit. Our results may not be typical - of course.

NoNo, not a problem.

The base is a large Industry sector, and the 1000 mines are there to keep enamy Subs and mine-Subs away.
It works for that Phurpess.

< Message edited by RUDOLF -- 8/30/2010 5:35:41 AM >

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Important ACM Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI