Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some commnts about 3.4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Public Beta Feedback >> Some commnts about 3.4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some commnts about 3.4 - 8/28/2010 2:08:45 AM   
SMK-at-work

1/ I have to say I don't like the double-click-to-plan-an-attack.

Often I'll just be looking through he enemy stack & it will go to the plan attack dialogue.

Also occasionally double clicking an empty hex brings up an empty dialogue.

Double clicking is a common occurrence for me - what with old age & turettes...;) ...I don't want it to do anything that is no that common (sure I plan attacks every turn...but often only 1 or a few....double clicks are a lot more common!)

2/ Why does it go to the next unit when I've moved a unit? I usually want it to stay on the selected unit. I guess this may be something in a previous version I haven't noticed?

3/ What's happened to the "move entire group" option?

Post #: 1
RE: Some commnts about 3.4 - 8/28/2010 3:58:26 AM   
larryfulkerson

Um.....I set my personal settings when I open TOAW III ver. 3.4 as reguards to sound ( battlesounds for background and sound effects "on" ) and I like to have the movement paths set on "floating".  So I set these settings and close TOAW.  I open TOAW again immediately before I do anything else and I find that my sound settings and movement paths setting are both not what I set them for.  Is there a way to save these settings in the "ini" file or something?

quote:

[smk asks:]
2/ Why does it go to the next unit when I've moved a unit? I usually want it to stay on the selected unit. I guess this may be something in a previous version I haven't noticed?

You have a menu option to turn this off.  It's "play"->"Player Options"->moving selects next unit (OFF )

quote:

[smk asks:]

I too would like to know what happened to this option. I used to use it a lot. Now I can't even find it.

Also, the new RBC rules are messing me up. I guess I'll have to get used to it but now whenever I select a fairly strong unit and hover over an adjacent weaker enemy unit sometimes the enemy unit does an RBC without my clicking on anything at all. Sometimes this isn't what I wanted to do and I have to hit the undo button.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 8/28/2010 4:05:36 AM >

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 2
RE: Some commnts about 3.4 - 8/28/2010 4:19:33 AM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

Hold down the right mouse button for a bit at the destination hex. The menu will pop up. Holding down the right mouse button does alot of things, things you are used to seeing. Do it to an adjacent enemy unit and the old menu pops up. Just need a bit of patience.

< Message edited by Panama -- 8/28/2010 4:22:30 AM >

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 3
RE: Some commnts about 3.4 - 8/28/2010 7:13:31 AM   
alexzhz

Just 1 step can solve all your problems.
Go to "Play" menu, and then "Default Options" - "Classic Defaults ", you'll find everything familier, such as the way you plan an attack, the way you move your unit, and so on. Also there will be no tooltips.

Every shadow no matter how deep is threatened by morning light.

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 4
RE: Some commnts about 3.4 - 8/28/2010 11:09:31 PM   
SMK-at-work

Thanks for the tips folks :)

(in reply to alexzhz)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Public Beta Feedback >> Some commnts about 3.4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI