Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it isn't.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it isn't. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it isn't. - 8/26/2010 8:06:35 AM   
Sredni

To solve my unending navy fighter pilot shortage I've decided to strip two carriers of their VF groups and replace them with two VMF groups each... but now that I've started the process with the Hornet I've got a carrier with 90/126 overstacking. I dropped VF-8 in pearl harbor and loaded on VMF-113 and then started off to San-Fran to pick up another VMF unit, but a day out I've noticed I'm massively overstacked it appears.

All that's on the ship currently are

VB-8 - 36 db's
VT-8 - 18 TB's
VMF-113 - 18 fighters

So I should only be 90/72 until I pick up another vmf to bring me back up to 90/90. I don't know why it's overstacked to 90/126. That doesn't even add up if it were still counting VF-8 sitting on pearl as being onboard. Which would be 90/108.

Now I'm kinda leary about advancing any further turns in case I've broken one of my carriers heh.

Anyone know if this is a bug? Did I break something? Or am I misreading something? Easy fixes? Thanks.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it... - 8/26/2010 8:15:58 AM   
Commander Cody

This is a shot in the dark, but the game seems to only like allowing F4U-1As and Corsair IIs, or later versions, on carriers, at least with the VFs and FAA squadrons (i.e. not the earlier F4U-1s--which is sorta historical). Could there be an issue with that?

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 2
RE: One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it... - 8/26/2010 8:22:03 AM   
Sredni

ahhhh, that's probably what's borked. The f4u-1 doesn't seem to be carrier capable. Thanks for the quick solution, just gotta find some vmf's using f4f-s I guess.

edit: yup, ran a few quick turns and dumped the vmf back on pearl and went to the 90/54 I should be at with VB and VT. That vmf is useless for carriers for another 5 or 6 months heh, time to go sailing to collect some scattered f4f vmf's I've got all over the pacific lol. I've never loaded non carrier planes on a carrier before or I guess I would have realized what was wrong. TBH I didn't even know we could load normal planes on em. Perhaps the f4u-1 doesn't have folding wings and thus takes up more space.

Thanks again Commander Cody for pointing me in the right direction.

< Message edited by Sredni -- 8/26/2010 8:54:55 AM >

(in reply to Commander Cody)
Post #: 3
RE: One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it... - 8/26/2010 9:25:09 AM   
wdolson

You can fly non-carrier capable planes from a carrier to a land base, but you can't operate them from the carrier.  That's handy when you want to use a carrier for a plane transport.  You can launch a squadron into a contested base out of range of enemy land based air and scurry back home.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 4
RE: One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it... - 8/26/2010 10:01:50 AM   
Commander Cody

Sredni: Glad to be of service. I don't know about exact versions, but I know the USN at first rated the Corsair as non-carrier capable (the long nose, which hindered the forward view, was the biggest problem, but there may have been other issues). It took the Brits to develop a way to fly them off carriers--basically by doing a curved approach and keeping the deck in sight at all times. So, you could ask the devs what their thinking was, but it's historical to not let Corsairs to operate on carriers for a while.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> One of my carriers is overstacked... even though it isn't. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI