Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wiki down...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Wiki down... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wiki down... - 8/18/2010 9:13:56 PM   
Mistmatz

Anybody knows why or for how long the AE wiki (see my footer) is down?

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

Post #: 1
RE: Wiki down... - 8/20/2010 1:55:04 AM   
Historiker

The Server contract was cancelled, but they shut down the server earlier than expected. I have a save of the database, so nothing should be lost. As I'm in the states now, I will hardly have the chance to set it up again before I return to Germany in mid-september. Also, I've forgotten the password, though this will be a variation of my usual passwords and shall be retrievable...
So it will hopefully come back online in mid to late september.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 2
RE: Wiki down... - 8/20/2010 2:22:14 AM   
Mynok

Lots of cheap hosting accounts available over here. If you want to peruse options while you are visiting down here for Labor Day, just holler.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3
RE: Wiki down... - 8/20/2010 2:59:32 AM   
Historiker

I heard we'll meet on september 4th? Will I finally see my first martian? :)
I have my own server, but I didn't have the time to set the wiki up, again.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4
RE: Wiki down... - 8/20/2010 4:22:28 AM   
Mynok

You will, Lord willing. We Martian foreign affairs agents look surprisingly like you, just so you know. Just a little uglier....

Don't be put off by the lack of tentacles or the love of beer. We have been genetically humanized for your comfort and ease.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 5
RE: Wiki down... - 8/20/2010 4:29:43 AM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

The Server contract was cancelled, but they shut down the server earlier than expected. I have a save of the database, so nothing should be lost. As I'm in the states now, I will hardly have the chance to set it up again before I return to Germany in mid-september. Also, I've forgotten the password, though this will be a variation of my usual passwords and shall be retrievable...

Thats good news Historiker. I ccan live without for a few weeks but it would have been a pity if all were lost.

Were are you going to in the US? Drop me a note in case you're visiting the west coast.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 6
RE: Wiki down... - 8/21/2010 12:15:09 AM   
Historiker

Do you live in the states?
I can give you a link to my german web diary I write while being here.
I'll just be at the east coast...

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 7
RE: Wiki down... - 8/21/2010 3:01:54 AM   
Mistmatz

quote:

Do you live in the states?
I can give you a link to my german web diary I write while being here.
I'll just be at the east coast...

Yes, I moved to California a few weeks ago. So far I noticed a liberty class ship and the USS Pampanito submarine in San Francisco. But I haven't visited either of them.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8
RE: Wiki down... - 10/15/2010 6:40:10 PM   
jonboym

Historiker, any more news on the wiki? Is it dead for good or are you hoping to resurrect it still?

quote:

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9
RE: Wiki down... - 10/15/2010 6:53:00 PM   
Misconduct

If we need webhosting for a site, I have some connections in that area, best friend runs a company for it.

I can get any domain, webspace for free if someone is willing to do the rest because I know squat about designing.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to jonboym)
Post #: 10
RE: Wiki down... - 10/15/2010 7:33:23 PM   
Smeulders

I don't know who hosted the original one, but I do hope that they saved all the work that was done on it. I can only hope the wiki will resurrect. 

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 11
RE: Wiki down... - 10/15/2010 7:53:28 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

I don't know who hosted the original one, but I do hope that they saved all the work that was done on it. I can only hope the wiki will resurrect. 

If anyone is interested in restarting the project I'd be happy to get it hosted, and we can make it a community project or something, including all the mods and art graphics etc.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 12
RE: Wiki down... - 10/15/2010 10:44:37 PM   
Smeulders

I'd PM Historiker, it seems that he was responsible for the previous incarnation. One big centralized resource for scenarios/Art Mods/.... would be great though. I'll gladly volunteer for some work on the wiki and tracking down/organizing mods, but my knowledge of web design is too limited to be of any real use. Some very basic HTML once upon a time, but nothing more.

< Message edited by Smeulders -- 10/15/2010 10:46:36 PM >

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 13
RE: Wiki down... - 10/15/2010 10:46:52 PM   
Misconduct

I will shoot him a message, and see if he'd be interested.

Edited: Seems I can't send a message out, if someone else could it would be appreciated.

< Message edited by Misconduct -- 10/15/2010 10:50:02 PM >

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 14
RE: Wiki down... - 10/16/2010 4:47:06 PM   
USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Edited: Seems I can't send a message out, if someone else could it would be appreciated.

Misconduct, I've sent an email to Historiker, asking him to get in touch with you.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 15
RE: Wiki down... - 10/16/2010 5:16:08 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Misconduct, I've sent an email to Historiker, asking him to get in touch with you.

Thank you sir!

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 16
RE: Wiki down... - 10/16/2010 6:04:04 PM   
Historiker

Problems...

The HDD with the backups on it is wrecked, the server with another set of backups was crashed a week ago. I have no Idea whether I can retrieve the files or not, so the technical department of the hosting company is working on it. I will have further informations in a few days...

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 17
RE: Wiki down... - 10/16/2010 8:29:52 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

Problems...

The HDD with the backups on it is wrecked, the server with another set of backups was crashed a week ago. I have no Idea whether I can retrieve the files or not, so the technical department of the hosting company is working on it. I will have further informations in a few days...

If you are able to retrieve the data, do you need any support in getting it online?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 18
RE: Wiki down... - 10/17/2010 11:05:33 AM   
Historiker

If so, I'll contact you.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 19
RE: Wiki down... - 10/20/2010 12:47:52 PM   
Historiker

Good news:
I have the backup!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 20
RE: Wiki down... - 10/20/2010 1:30:53 PM   
Smeulders

Very good news indeed

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 21
RE: Wiki down... - 10/20/2010 5:46:04 PM   
hunchback77

quote:

Good news:
I have the backup!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 22
RE: Wiki down... - 1/5/2011 12:51:39 PM   
Smeulders

Necroing this thread again to find out what is going on with the wiki. Apparently a backup exists, but does anyone besides Historiker have it and is anyone trying to get it online again ? If not, has anyone with the capability to put the wiki online contacted Historiker to get the backup ?

(in reply to hunchback77)
Post #: 23
RE: Wiki down... - 1/5/2011 1:51:12 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Necroing this thread again to find out what is going on with the wiki. Apparently a backup exists, but does anyone besides Historiker have it and is anyone trying to get it online again ? If not, has anyone with the capability to put the wiki online contacted Historiker to get the backup ?

I offered free web domain and space to have it hosted, I assume without him emailing me he's able to get it online or attempting too.

I also considered if it will in fact be hosted, I would host everyones AE page for free also. I mean for example if someone has a page they'd like hosted for a mod or something, the idea being at least I know everyone can get access to one page rather then hunt for them.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Wiki down... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI