Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game won't run

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Tech Support >> Game won't run Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game won't run - 8/18/2010 11:13:54 AM   
planetbrain

Following the Ostfront announcement I have just bought & installed a download version of Kharkov plus Directx plus .NETT but it won't run past the intro video. Uninstalled/reinstalled with same result.
I doubt mentioning system specs will help, it'll be a glitch with my system beyond the specs.
I believe the pertinent section in the log would be:

'18/08/2010 7:32:30 PM: System.InvalidOperationException: Specified IComparer threw an exception. ---> System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.'

Can anyone advise me what this means, please?

Also (I mention in case it's relevant)there's a script error advised by the Battle Generator:
Line: 2887 car: 2 invalid argument code:0 file: PzCRBg.hta

Tried several other games. Everything else seems to work OK.

p.s. ran dxdiag - no problems found

< Message edited by planetbrain -- 8/18/2010 11:26:21 AM >

'Mostly harmless'
Post #: 1
RE: Game won't run - 8/18/2010 3:13:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Planetbrain,

Could you please post your DxDiag so we have your system info? It could be helpful.

Also, have you updated to the latest version of Kharkov and installed the IE8 hotfix for the generators? You can find the hotfix here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2220232

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to planetbrain)
Post #: 2
RE: Game won't run - 8/19/2010 8:10:39 AM   
planetbrain

Thanks Erik,

The download is in fact already for the latest version 1.01. Did the version check anyway.
I have now installed the hotfix & it fixes the problem with the Battle Generator but not with the game.
I have (I hope)uploaded the dxdiag.txt file.

Attachment (1)

'Mostly harmless'

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Game won't run - 8/19/2010 4:56:47 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: planetbrain

Thanks Erik,

The download is in fact already for the latest version 1.01. Did the version check anyway.
I have now installed the hotfix & it fixes the problem with the Battle Generator but not with the game.
I have (I hope)uploaded the dxdiag.txt file.

At one point there was a problem with the date format being set. I'm sure that was fixed, but seeing your error msg it made me wonder if that was your issue.

Another possibility is a corrupted download I suppose.

Also, when you installed, did you allow it to install the MS software is prompted for at the end?

To check the first, change your system date format temporarily to mm/dd/yyyy and see if it runs then. (you can change it back after the test.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Thanks
rick

Post #: 4
RE: Game won't run - 8/19/2010 9:52:44 PM   
planetbrain

I don't believe it!
Switching system time to US format does fix the problem. Never had that before & tried it couple of times to confirm it is so.
Is there a fix for this,please? At least can it be fixed before Ostfront release.
Surely, someone else has had this issue.
Thanks for the advice.

< Message edited by planetbrain -- 8/19/2010 9:53:48 PM >

'Mostly harmless'

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: Game won't run - 8/20/2010 1:18:24 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: planetbrain

I don't believe it!
Switching system time to US format does fix the problem. Never had that before & tried it couple of times to confirm it is so.
Is there a fix for this,please? At least can it be fixed before Ostfront release.

planetbrain,

I've just tried duplicating this on my laptop (xp) system (switching to ENGLISH format UK) and could not make it fail. Another person on the team tried various country settings and they all worked on his system.

I think I would check the matrix games download section and reapply the v1.01 patch for PCK and see if that fixes it for you.

Thanks,
Rick

Post #: 6
RE: Game won't run - 8/20/2010 7:57:30 AM   
planetbrain

Thanks for you advice, Rick.

I'm sorry to say however, that my problem, such as it now is, remains.
The original download was ver1.01 but I have now also applied the 1.01patch over it to no avail.
So now it's slightly annoying but no longer a big problem & mainly of interest to me purely as a technical issue, a curiosity I'd like to resolve, particularly in view of the tests you've run without failure. I'll probably re-download the whole thing again (during off peak)to see what happens.

Thanks again.

'Mostly harmless'

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 7
RE: Game won't run - 12/6/2010 6:58:34 AM   
planetbrain

I still cannot get PC Kharkov to run (i.e. it drops back into launch screen) without altering system date to U.S. format, although I know of several reports from others where this is not a problem.
So it is likely to be some setting on my system ( a reg entry perhaps?) that causes a conflict with just this one game (version 1.01 [29556]).
It works if I set M/D/Y or Y/M/D but never D/M/Y which is the one I much prefer for normal system use.
As previously stated it's not a big issue but I'd rather have it cleared up before Ostfront is released.
Any suggestions, please, any one?

'Mostly harmless'

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Tech Support >> Game won't run Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI